A Doc White's modern in-line....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Has anyone ever shot one of Doc's modern in-lines, thinking about buying this one.

Doc White's writing: -  A few years back I lucked into some new old stored White  .504 barrel blanks by Criterion, bought  when White Systems went under. They are 20 years old but in perfect condition. Criterion made the best barrels White ever used. 

Bison-Custom-Classic-Full-Right.gif

Pictured above is a new Custom Bison, the Criterion bull barrel is trimmed to one inch diameter, 24+ inches long, (the originals had a 20 inch barrel), 504 caliber, with  a new Doc-designed  custom stock in tough maple, designed specifically for use with a scope.  Old stored original Bison parts complete the action. The trigger is by Timney, same as on a Mauser bolt rifle, adjustable for weight of pull. The  rifle can be ordered with Weaver scope bases and Weaver forward mounts which you will need to get the extra eye relief demanded by the short BG-Series action.  Or it can be ordered with a choice of front and rear sights, including the Lyman 57-a side mounted peep or several models  of Williams rear and front sights. (see Parts &Supplies under “ON SALE” for sight choices) The rifle comes  with a black matte  Dura-Coat finish on  the barreled action and blackish  metallic paint on the  stock. Prices start at $600 with cost of scope mounts and sights extra.  Tiger striped maple stocks with waterproof epoxy finish are available at extra cost, usually $200 or so but depending on quality of wood.

Bison-Custom-Classic-Ful-Left.gif

The right and left photos show a finished Bison without included sling swivels but with  Weaver scope mounts and front and rear sights. 

The basic charge for the rifle without the  sights or mounts but with sling swivels is $600.  These rifles are super accurate, functionally elegant,  ergonomic and  worth every penny.  

I know Guys that like his Rifles.

I have one of his Shotguns. It is good but kills at both ends.

oneshot

I've got 6 of them. Even have one just like the one pictured had Doc build it for me..
 They are very accurate shooting big heavy conicals and they shoot sabots good also but were made for conicals.. no need to shoot big heavy charges either.
 I've changed the stock finish on my Bison from that black paint which started coming off to tan truck bed liner with with 6 coats of matte clear over it, added a slip on limbsaver recoil pad(didn't care for one that came with it) and a Bushnell 2x7x36 Trophy scope..
 Ive only shot it 5 times when I 1st got it with a peep sight and its gonna be real accurate.

20190110.jpg

Thank you guys, Doc is a talker that's why I asked. "never heard a huskers yell rotten fish" comes to mind.

Hey Buck, Did you end up Getting 1 of these White Rifles? I just did, an old Super 91 .451

I really like the looks, and Feel of this Rifle! The Stock has been Dipped (i think that is how they do this?) Anyway, it looks Just like Real wood, Nothing Fake looking about it. Very Solid, well Built Rifle

Cu2Zz6Wl.jpg

7SJYYoEl.jpg

I got a Bison from Doc on my last visit, you walk in his shop which is approx. 25'-28' long and 14' wide and its wall to wall with muzzleloaders and black powder cartridge guns lining one long wall and one short wall.  You go into his formal living room and there's guns in every corner. Fun place with a guy that has invented more pieces and equipment for the trade than anyone around.

I would really enjoy visiting with Doc! I have read a lot of his stuff, Ole Doc has seen a Lot!!

Back