..A FEW MORE CRITTERS WITH MY BOW.....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D 8) ;)

Just finished fletching up a doz arrows for my huntin' buddy :!: :!: He still uses a compound (MATHEWS) so carbons are his choice of arrows. He surprised me though :!: :!: :!: He asked me to fletch the doz up with 6" feathers. I've only been telling him how much more forgiving they are then vanes. I use fletch tape. Been using it for yrs and never had a feather come off an arrow :cheers: I do put a drop of glue on the ends of the feather after it's on the arrow. Never had a feather come off even after it passed thru a deer or hawg :!: Here's a few more critters taken with my bow :!:

DSCF0459.jpg

DSCF0471.jpg

BITTHEDUST.jpg

Anyone have any problems with fletching shoot me a PM amd I'll try to help.

Bird with a bow...awesome.

Nice hog hawg :!: What was your arrow weight and bow weight to bring that guy down?

For deer I use a 64 lb. pull for compound, 55 lb. for stick/recurve.

:D 8) ;)

Marty,

My recurve is a Bob Lee HUNTER T/D. It's 50#'s @ 29"s. The arrows I use for that bow are Easton 2116's with 150 grain magnus stinger 4 blade and they weigh in at 530 grains. My compound is a MATHEWS OUTBACK. It's set at 68#'s. I was shooting carbon express arrows topped with 100 grain WASP BULLET. Arrows were close to 425 grains. That old outback was a great bow and I took allot of critters with it. It's just a different feeling when you get a deer with stick and string. Sold all the wheelie bows and it's stick and string only now :!: :!: :!:

I had a very similar setup with one of my bows where I also used 2116's and WASP Broadheads. We even have the same draw length of 29".

:D :cheers: 8)

They are good arrows and I really liked those wasp bullets. A little to light for my recurve. I need that heavy arrow with that heavy 150 grain MAGNUS STINGER. I needed that heavy arrow and heavy b/h to get the penetration I needed for a good clean kill shot.

hawgslayer said:
:D :cheers: 8)

They are good arrows and I really liked those wasp bullets. A little to light for my recurve. I need that heavy arrow with that heavy 150 grain MAGNUS STINGER. I needed that heavy arrow and heavy b/h to get the penetration I needed for a good clean kill shot.

I always shot the two-blade Magnus braodheads on my wooded arrows. I could really put an edge on them with my fine, diamond-dust file :twisted:

MY BROTHER IN IND SENT ME ONE OF THOSE BARNETT CROSSBOWS,THE QUAD 400 WITH 4X32 SCOPE,QUIVER AND 4 ARROWS .MY BIRTHDAY WAS THE 7TH OF DEC. AND CHRISTMAS NOT LONG AGO,IT WAS A DOUBLEM GIFT. IT SHOOTS OVER 345 FT PER SECIND.CAN'T SEE THE ARROW WHEN YOU SHOOT THE BOW.OH, IT IS CAMO TOO.

Latest posts

Back