A good solid bench

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
New work table came in today! Really impressed with how solid it is. It will hold over 586lbs. I still am going to put 2" steel tubing behind it and mount it to the structure so its 100% solid, but this will certainly be a huge helper for me in the long run. Plenty of storage on top and under it. The over head light will be a welcome as well.

Still have a lot to do, but most of my go to tools are out on display within easy reach. I have to get some plastic tubs to keep spiders and the nasty stuff out of my sand paper and sanding blocks, but it will all come together. Also have to hang my dremel tool from one of the supports so it hangs over head within easy reach.
img_0118.jpg

img_0119.jpg

img_0117.jpg

Just an idea I had today but I am going to add a metal strip across the 2 supports we see and drill a number of adjustment holes so I can easily adjust the position of my dremel where I need it.
img_0211.jpg

img_0212.jpg

Also mounted the gun vise. I needed it to be held into place while I polish bores or even rasp on gun stocks. Just 2 bolts on the  rear for now. If I need to down the road. I will mount it solid in all 4 corners.
img_0213.jpg

My nephews dog Chloe, bugging me with the new trick he taught her. Really catches you off guard when you get a paw across the face lol.
img_0214.jpg

img_0216.jpg

img_0215.jpg

Just painted my 10 foot work bench, love this bench but we are going to sell this home and having a new one built again away from all the air traffic here. The bench just painted has to stay here as it must have a hundred cement coat 16 pennies in the construction (think its hold up the wall). 

The next bench will be like your Jonathan found one on Ebay for a $100 with free shipping, that's a deal.

Yep a great deal. Its heavy and really solid. I may not mount it to the wall, but you never know until you get to work on something and then make adjustments.

You wouldn't believe how many times I have said just that. "then had to make adjustments". Famous last words that we all have used .....  :evil:

Latest posts

Back