A VERY good rifle.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been dabbling in breechloader the past few months. I like them, and they certainly have their uses, but I have a REALLY good rifle.
My .50 caliber Black Diamond XR is 10 years old now. 1624 shots fired and 10 deer taken. Her walnut stock has finish worn through in places ( been rubbing linseed oil in to keep the gremlins at bay) and there's a lot of worn blueing too. Lots of great memories.
Did not expect things to turn out this way 10 years ago when I walked out of the Hamburg Pa Cabelas. Glad it did though. Funny how things turn out.
What rifle holds THAT spot for you?

T/c omega .50 stainless fluted barrel with a Boyd’s grey laminate stock, idk how much t7 I out through it,,, a lot that’s for sure and over the last 4 years close to 10 jugs of bh209 through it, lol be hunting with it and love be showing off it’s accuracy at the range, I have multiple omegas but this one shoots so many different combos soo well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even though its a 50cal and blued i love my NULA. Breach plugs last nearly forever, loads very easy with sabots and weighs less (ready to hunt) than my SUPER DISC 45 weighs bare. Plus its freakishly accurate for a feather light rifle. It aint no little rifle though. The barrel is a full 26" of sweet Douglas Prem XX steel.

69PmgNS.jpg

My knight 52 cal long range hunter, shoots one ragged hole all day long . every time I squeeze one off another deer is in my freezer, freaky accurate, I own 23 muzzleloaders , this is my favorite

Don't have one favorite I like all accurate muzzleloaders, favorites over the yrs have been a Walnut stocked T/C Firehawk, 3 Walnut stocked T/C Black Diamonds and a bunch of MK-85`s. Have killed a ton a deer with all of them.
Haven't been shooting my Whites that long but they are among my favorites.
I guess that's why I have so many because I really like them all :D

My MK-95 50 cal is my favorite of all. It was my First inline. My Brother nicknamed it "Ole Reliable" because If a deer got in those Crosshairs it was in the freezer. :D Took me about 10 years to find its big brother the MK-95 .54 cal thanks to a friend here. :yeah: I could never part with either. My Knight UL is a runner up though.

Knight LK-93. Walked into the local gun store when I turned 18 and bought it. Started as a camo thumbhole stock. After the camo started looking rough I stripped it off and left the stock black. Recently threw it in a standard stock for my girls, the youngest is a leftie and the thumbhole doesn't work for her. For much of my younger years I lived in shotgun/muzzleloader areas. I have killed a lot of deer with it and all of my big bucks to date. I now have an MK-85 as my primary, but the old LK holds a lot of memories. Hopefully my youngest will make another one with it on Saturday.

Ruger M77/50. As far as handling and feel there has never been one better. I am battling now whether to just let it be a safe queen, keep it original and hunt with it occasionally or send it to Badger Ridge Industries to make it BH209 compatible. The modification prevents blowback and prevents the trigger sear from being damaged using 209 primers.
Sweet shooter as well.

forgot about the 77/50 had 2 of them and your right they are a sweet carrying gun, very well balanced. Sold my last one to my neighbors son and he let his uncle use it one season and when he got it back the next spring barrel was junk.

sheldonc said:
Ruger M77/50. As far as handling and feel there has never been one better. I am battling now whether to just let it be a safe queen, keep it original and hunt with it occasionally or send it to Badger Ridge Industries to make it BH209 compatible. The modification prevents blowback and prevents the trigger sear from being damaged using 209 primers.
Sweet shooter as well.

Latest posts

Back