A very interesting morning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Went out again. It was -7 and a slight south wind which blew right in the window of my blind and quite cool :(.
At legal shooting time I heard a noise and recognized it as deer antlers banging together. They were south of me. A short while a mulie doe appeared about 300 yds south of me. I didn't want to shoot at that range so I watched her. I noticed there was a mulie buck about 200 yds farther south and he appeared to be moving towards the doe. Then he stopped and walked away. I was watching this doe and when I put the binos down, there to my surprise was a white tail buck walking by me at about 60 yds. He was bigger than the one I shot a month ago. Left him alone, since I don't have a tag any more and he might happen to go by my hunting partner who is 1/4 mile west of me. I then saw a couple more mulie does 300 yds out. A mulie buck wandered over to them but nothing much happened. All of a sudden a monster mulie buck walked by about 100 yds from me and paid no attention to the does. He disappeared from sight and the small buck hung around the does. 15 minutes later the monster came back and was approached the does with his head down and his tail sticking out like a frozen rope. The smaller buck wandered off in a hurry. He walked up to the does and went around behind them sniffing. The does moved away from him. Not ready yet or allready done :roll: They all grazed for a while and then wandered off. Saw a couple more whitetail does, another smaller whitetail buck and a doe. A quick tour of the pasture and we saw a couple more mulies but all small. In one spot we set up to rattle and saw another monster mulie but he was about 500 yds away. All in all it was another good day.

Bad day / Good day

A bad day hunting (IF there is such a thing) is still better than a good day at work (which is where I'm at now).

Sounds like you had a good day to me.

Latest posts

Back