? about arrow tip weight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue-Dot-37.5

Reaction score
My current set-up is with an old Bear Whitetail II (Switchback or BowTech for next year!). I use a mechanical broadhead that weighs 125 gr. Paper tuning it shows a very good flight - no adjustments necessary. Problem is I cannot find any replacement blades in the area. It's either mail-order the blades or go to a lighter tip - something that can be used for next year.

If I go with a 100gr. or lighter tip, what will it do to the current set-up?

Blue-Dot-37.5

Shoot 'em with a bare shaft (No fletching) at about 12' and adjust accordingly. Shouldn't be too bad. But you'll have to zero your sights all over. Even if just for confidence.
I shoot a Matthew's MQ1 and I love it. Bow Tech is making some real nice bows. Have you considered the new Hoyt?

Nope, haven' t looked at Hoyt. I shot the Switchback yesterday, and the BowTech Liberty a week or so ago. Both are smooth and quiet. (fast too!) I really like the 80% letoff compared to my 35-50% now! I'm shooting the bow set on 60# (28" to 29" draw). The Switchback was a 29" draw and it seemed an inch too long at my anchor, but another bow that I shot (a different model in the BowTech line) that was supposed to be set on 28" draw was bottomed out at my anchor point. Go figure?

A guy at work is going to open an archery shop next June and he said that the guys that comitted to buying a bow from him before he opened would get a deal. I know what kind of a deal he's talking about and I can't pass it up.

Latest posts

Back