ACCURA SHORT AND KODIAK 300 YRDS.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvilorio1

Reaction score
Well guys be prepare to be amazed like I was this morning. Not even in my wildest imaginations did I think that I could get the results I did out of the the ACCURA SHORT 45 cal. at this distance. First let me say, that by no ways or means a my a great shooter, I have my good days and bad days, but I do shoot a lot and I guess practice makes perfect. and another thing that I came to the conclusion this morning was that from here on I will not use another sabot what so ever in any of my ML's or SML's. Thye shoot a lot better sabotless and are more accurate. Well any way here it goes, and this one is for QUICKSILVER who had :Wow: for the Kodiak 45 cal. that I still have for sale, and the other is for GREGK who wanted the SHORTY. Took out the ACCURA SHORT 45 cal. and also the KODIAK 45 cal. and shot them both at 300 yrds. I did have to play with the Kodiak at 100 yrds, since she was sighted in with sabots, so I'm also including a pic of the 100 yrd target. Only shot one bullet and it was the PT GOLD'S 260 gr. One more note, I know that a lot of you out there are trying or playing with the PARKER bullet and so have I, but for the price you are paying for them which I think is 1.19 per bullet, I would buy the PT GOLD'S, and they are as accurate as the PARKER and will do the same damage on a deer as the Parker, and you can get 50 for 19.00. Not trying to talk you out of anything. Here are the stats.
ACCURA V2 SHORT 20'' BARREL 45 CAL.
KODIAK PRO 29'' BARREL 45 CAL.
SABOTLESS
BUSHNELL DOA 250 ON BOTH GUNS
DNZ MOUNTS
FIOCCHI 616 209 PRIMERS
BH 209, 110 GR.
45 CAL. WOOL WADS
PT GOLD'S 260 GR.

First up is the KODIAK, and this is for you QUICK SILVER. First target is the 300 yrds target, and like before I hat d the established the POA. First shot is the low one, put the scope on another POA and fired the three you see there and I was happy with it.
ACCURASHORTANDKODIAK300YRDS004.jpg

ACCURASHORTANDKODIAK300YRDS003.jpg

This is the sight in for the Kodiak at 100 yrds, sabotless.
ACCURASHORTANDKODIAK300YRDS001.jpg

Now here is the one that really impressed me. ACCUAR SHORT 45 cal. I had it sighted in already sabotless, so all I had to do was shoot it at 300 yrds. I know that a lot has been said about a short barrel gun. That is not as accurate as a long barrel one and that it looses a lot of speed, but after today you will have a hard time telling otherwise. Also the first two shots were low since I had to establish the POA, but one I did, it was all over with but amazement. The three shot near the bull are the last three.
ACCURASHORTANDKODIAK300YRDS005.jpg

ACCURASHORTANDKODIAK300YRDS002.jpg

I know I have this gun for sale also, but right now I'm having second thoughts about that.
Carlos

That is some good shooting. One thing I will disagree with though, and that is the part you said about you not being a great shooter.

Leave it to you my friend :D I am impressed as always & I can't believe how good that shorty shot! I couldn't do that on my best day with any gun!

Thanks guys for the support. GregK ,yes you can, and and I know you can, all you have to remember that is mind set. All you have to tell yourself is I CAN DO IT and you will do it. :D 8)
Carlos

Simply amazing :face: as always Carlos!

Q: I see you used the BUSHNELL DOA 250 on both rifles. Was the Accura sighted-in at 100 yards as well, and what part of the reticle were you using to aim at 300 yards since it only has a 250 yard hold-over bar :?:

inline50 said:

Q: I see you used the BUSHNELL DOA 250 on both rifles. Was the Accura sighted-in at 100 yards as well, and what part of the reticle were you using to aim at 300 yards since it only has a 250 yard hold-over bar :?:
The ACCURA was also sighted in a 100 yrds from before. the scope actually has 300 yrds hold over also, and it is at the bottom where the fine line meet the heavy line, it looks like triangle there, and that is the 300 yrds hold bar. but I was using the 250 yrds hold line on the second red dot above the bull, and that gave the POA I wanted.
CArlos

:D
Carlos,
Great shooting :!: Thats better then great it's AWESOME SHOOTING :!: :!: As far as you not being a great shooter, your wrong my friend. I have got to learn yet what little tricks you have forgotten......... :cheers:

Ray........ ;)

OMG :shock: Now thats not playing fair carlos. lol
Holly Cow that is AWSOME ACCURACY my friend, Boy you are just tempting me to no end here. LOL :affraid:
I want it / no I don't need it :twisted: :evil:
3132519120.gif

I want it bad / NO NO I don't need it :twisted: :twisted: :evil:
3132519120.gif
3132519120.gif
3132519120.gif

What to do , what to do ,
463713255.gif
463713255.gif
I am going too send you a pm about you being unfaire LOL I consider my self pritty lucky to be able to call you a friend :D even though you are sooooo evel. LOL

Guys, thanks for the great comments, but when you have the guns that are capable of doing this, and I know most of you guys do, the powder, bullets primers and optics, any one of you are capable of doing it. Yes it takes practice and lots of it, but I know deep in my heart that Gregk, QuickSilver, Hawg, and the rest of you guys can do the same thing, well maybe not Chaded :D , just joking, but you will never know until you try it, so go ahead and give it a try, what do you have to loose. :D 8)
Carlos

Hey you may not be joking! I would love to do some long range shooting but as of now I don't have the facility to do so. I have been looking into a range that has a 200 yard but not too sure about it. The camp that I hunt is putting in a 300 yard range right now so when I'm down that way I can use it but I'm pretty much only there during gun season but I am moving there in 4 years so that should be fun. Been thinking of asking the farmer up here who's land I hunt if I can target shoot. Either way it will certainly take some practice and a lot of it for me to put up some groups at 300 like that.

My local range has targets to 500yds. I might have to aim at the clouds for those.

cvilorio said:
inline50 said:

The ACCURA was also sighted in a 100 yrds from before. the scope actually has 300 yrds hold over also, and it is at the bottom where the fine line meet the heavy line, it looks like triangle there, and that is the 300 yrds hold bar. but I was using the 250 yrds hold line on the second red dot above the bull, and that gave the POA I wanted.
CArlos
Carlos, I'm just curious... Did you try using the 300 yard hold-over point on the DOA reticle instead of compensating with the 250 hold-over bar for the 300 yard target :?:

inline50 said:
cvilorio said:
inline50 said:

CArlos
Carlos, I'm just curious... Did you try using the 300 yard hold-over point on the DOA reticle instead of compensating with the 250 hold-over bar for the 300 yard target :?:
Inline 50, yes I did. When I shot the APEX the other day, I started by using the 300 yrd mark on the scope, and the shot hit high on the cardboard backer, so knowing that when I shot the ACCURA I started with the 250 line on the bull, and just kept moving the POA with that line, after I had figure out the POA using the 250 line and was looking thru the scope, I would had to split the line between the 250 and 300 in half which is hard to do, so I went with the easy way using a know point on the scope. I hope I answered your question.
Carlos

That is just frankly amazing!! :shock:

I gotta learn how to knurl bullets!! :clown:

Thanks Carlos. You've answered all my Post questions on how you actually used the Bushnell DOA 250 reticle out to 300 yards. Seems the reticle holdover bars are darn close to advertised with the right loads...and much better than trying to gestimate holdover at long distances using a conventional crosshair.

Carlos

Thats it I can't stand it any longer , Man you are a good SALES MAN LOL

:shock: I WANT IT :twisted: Boy am I going to be in trouble. LOL

BUT YES I WILL TAKE THE KODIAK PRO .45. :cheers: :cheers:

Check will mail out in the morning!

Thank you QS34

Latest posts

Back