ACCURA SHORT AND KODIAK 300 YRDS.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:no:

Pete,

I wouldn't want to take one in the chest :affraid:

Ray............ :no:

I think a very rough estimate would be not much over 600 and its probably lower. That is with the short barrel. Kinda hard though without some numbers.

Guys that bullet will be leaving the barrel at close to 1800fps so i think it will carry about 600 lbs/ft which is plenty of punch at 300yds !

Spitfire said:
Guys that bullet will be leaving the barrel at close to 1800fps so i think it will carry about 600 lbs/ft which is plenty of punch at 300yds !
Spitfire, I actually put it thru the crony and she was leaving the barrel of that 20'' gun at around 2000 fps. It that helps you out.
Carlos

How fast was it with the regular length barrel? I can't even imagine it being much more than 2000 fps.

Carlos, do you have a rough estimate of how wide the reticle dot of the DOA 250 is at 300 yards. Seems like that would make it tough to get tight groups.

They do need to make that 250 yard dot smaller..I did not like the size of that dot on whitetails at that distance

chaded said:
How fast was it with the regular length barrel? I can't even imagine it being much more than 2000 fps.
With the regular barrel and the same charge and bullet is was over 2100 fps. I need to check my notes and let you know for sure.
Carlos

Slitrik said:
Carlos, do you have a rough estimate of how wide the reticle dot of the DOA 250 is at 300 yards. Seems like that would make it tough to get tight groups.
If you look at the target I posted, and look at the red dots that I actually put on the target for POA, it just covers the dot up. One thing you have to remember and that most people forget is the at that distance or any distance you are not shooting at a red dot on a deer, you are shooting at a animal that has a 10" kill zone. Really is not that hard to shoot those tight groups at that distance with the DOA 250 if you pay attention to your POA each time you pull the trigger, but like I said before it takes practice and practice until it becomes second nature to you. :D
Carlos

coyotewallace said:
They do need to make that 250 yard dot smaller..I did not like the size of that dot on whitetails at that distance
Actually they could make them I bit smaller and they should, but they are not going to listen to me or any one else, but I will bring it up next time I talk to the REP. For now I just live with it and do my best. :D
CArlos

Moving out at 2000fps will give you roughly 680lbs of energy at 300 yds which is more than enough to kill an animal :)

Latest posts

Back