Accura V2 muzzle brake

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkivory

Reaction score
I have a CVA Accura V2 and am wondering how difficult it would be to get barrel threaded and install a muzzle brake. I would only do this for recoil purposes. Maybe a bad idea? I imagine this has been discussed before but I didn't turn up anything when I did a search.

I have a CVA Accura V2 and am wondering how difficult it would be to get barrel threaded and install a muzzle brake. I would only do this for recoil purposes. Maybe a bad idea? I imagine this has been discussed before but I didn't turn up anything when I did a search.
If your only reason for wanting a muzzle brake is to reduce felt recoil, there is no need to rebarrel your gun. Simply send your barrel off to a qualified gunsmith & have the muzzle of the factory barrel threaded. I did this with my 2019 Paramount.

I thought all the Accura V2's came with a threaded barrel from the factory. They have a cap covering the threads. Or is this just the newest of them from the last few years.

I thought all the Accura V2's came with a threaded barrel from the factory. They have a cap covering the threads. Or is this just the newest of them from the last few years.
I believe my .45 Accura V2 is a 2019 version & it does not have a threaded barrel thankfully bc there’s no brake made with a 3/4x20tpi that I’d really want on my gun.

I've had my Accura V2 .50 cal for several years and it's not threaded for a brake. I can't say I would ever need one ad I've had that gun loaded pretty stiff a few times..

Back