Aerotip VS Hollow Point Powerbelt- Accuracy difference?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Well the rifle i was shooting wasnt what you'd call modern, but it has a plastic stock and fiber sights and the fact its shooting Powerbelts so i decided it would be best to put it here.

80g Pyrodex Select- 245g HP Powerbelt, CCI #11 Cap.

First shot hit LOW, never shot this rifle past 70 yards so i had to find out where it was hitting at 100yards.

Made a slight adjustment and brought it up a couple inches.

3rd shot i OVER did the adjustment but in the end, was happy that i did because i easily recovered the bullet without having to dig through a 15 gallon bucket of sand.

Adjusted and took shot #4 and it was perfect, #5 again was excellent and i was happy as heck with the group it shot.

Didn't think it could get much better until i switched over to the 245g Aerotip Powerbelt :shock:

After shots 6 and 7 and was dazed and happy as hell. This rifle had rarely been put on the 100 yard range in the 4 years that i have owned it. It was always the bullet tester for all the tests i do.

Its goin with me hunting this year! As a back up of course.

So for me, there was a huge difference for me between the AT and the HP in this rifle.

No swabbing,no scope, just a $28 walmart rest and patience with this damn 20mph wind :x

Next outing i am going to shoot the 295g HP Powerbelts again with 80g pyrodex select as this will be the hunting load that i'll use in it, should one of my flinters fail.

As for the #1 shot, Yep, You bet it took out the bottom of the bucket :(

CVA Mountain Stalker .50cal 1:32 twist, Williams fiber optic sights. Going to pull the lock now and adjust the trigger just a wee bit. Its a little heavier than i like for target shooting.
245g-80g-100yrds.jpg

I'll post the pics as soon as my internet speeds up. It took 5 minutes to upload this picture :evil: Damn Wildblue.

:lol: Just noticed that fly. Hes lucky the rifle shoots to the left! I'll take care of that on my next outing.

Now now Semi, I plan to roll the camera this hunting season and 2 of the others will be shooting the 295g powerbelt and the other, the 270g platinum.

I'll have the 224g powerbelt lead ball :lol:

We always take a video of the gutting job, why not the actual hunt? lol.

245g HP.
Picture320.jpg

Picture321.jpg

Still have a handful more in the trap, along with some 295g HP's that my brother and i shot today.

Rifle shoots center for him and accurate too.
I am going out with my Bobcat tomorrow and see if i took enough material off the front sight. Hit over 12" low today :shock: I changed the rear sight last year and never touched the rifle since.

Latest posts

Back