Almost Ready!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
I have been taking advantage of the unusually warm temps we have had here the last two days and working outside in the afternoons. I got the boat completely ready to go, and today I went thru my tackle, sorting things out, adding new baits and tossing out worn stuff. I think I might have too much stuff! Thanks Bluedot! :lol: Between me,you, loggy,my daddy in law and a couple other buds I have quite a few new ideas and rigs to try this spring. Only thing I have left to do to be 100 percent ready is change the line on all my poles. I hate to do that too early as I don't want the mono to take a set. I plan on starting hitting the water as soon as I get back from Florida at the end of March but who knows at this rate I might have to get in a real early trip. :wink:

Hey Bluedot37.5 I heard that they were gonna make it legal to use live shad on our fishing hole this year! Well I dont know if that is good or bad, but I know it will be effective! Maybe too effective! Do you know how to throw a cast net for bait? I still have not heard yet though if that was just proposed or if that is a go though. Have you seen a copy of this years fishing regs yet?

Dwight:

Don't worry about the mono taking a set. If it does, it's either old or not limp enough. Spool up and fergetaboutit! Nope haven't seen the new regs, and no I don't know how to throw a cast net, but I'm not afraid to learn! Just gotta check the regs to see what size net/mesh is legal if it is at all.....

If you think you have too much gear, your tackle box is too small! I'll drag my saltwater box down next time.........

Blue-Dot-37.5

If you drag that tackle box down we will have to float it behind the boat in an inner tube. :lol:

It better be a pretty big tube! :shock: It takes a 2 wheeled dolly to get it down to the boat.

I made it 'cause I couldn't find one that I liked that was big enough and under $500.00. (custom made wood one) 8) That's Southern California prices tho...

Blue-Dot-37.5

Rman, you sure know how to get the Ole Fisherman's juices a flowin!! :lol:

After readin your post I may just pull my boat out this weekend & give it a lil gone over! Today we had an ice storm early AM here in PA which i hope was the last..

At least we don't have to wait for ice out this year as there is no ice!

Latest posts

Back