Another 1:48 twist test

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
I have been wanting to try both of my largest .54 Cal bullets in a Stock 1:48 Twist, I finally did that the other day with my Newest TC Hawken .54 Cal NO QLA Muzzle on this one :D I wasn’t sure what to expect? But really wanted to give it a try. As some know I have had some HORRIBLE outings in the past with Stock 1:48 Twist TC Barrels, especially with QLA Muzzles

First up was my BIG Paper Patched Bullet, This bullet weighs 532 Grains, Drops from my mold at .533, patches up to .540-.541
MN2D5XZ.jpg

Here is a .44 XTP Pistol bullet sitting on the Meplat for size
zCv0WZv.jpg

And the Target, This was only 50-60 Yards, the high shot could have been me? Definitely shows promise of working :yeah:
KevcP9a.jpg

Now up is the Big Grease Groove, These bullets are 524-525 Grains, i lubed and sized them to .542, they load nice n snug all the way, I really like this bullet!!
zxScpxT.jpg

I shot the same target, These BIG GG bullets REALLY impressed me in this stock 1:48 Twist TC Hawken, My fast twist .54s have nothing on this Stock Rifle :yeah:
h4vWuts.jpg

They say to let your rifle tell you what it likes. You better be listening. Seems that it likes those big GG bullets. If you listen closely you will probably hear some Elk talking poorly about you.

Back