Another batch of sausage on the way

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
I decided that since the deer season is only 3 months away I should make some room in the freezer :wink: . With that in mind I went out and put my smoker together and cleaned it up last weekend. Wednesday it took a bunch of deer meat out of the freezer(everything except steak cuts, tenderloins and back straps) and started thawing it. Also had sufficent pork on hand and started thawing it too. As it thawed from the top of the pile down, it put it in the fridge. Today I started dicing the deer and pork. Tomorrow will be mixing, grinding and stuffing day and Sunday will do the smoking. Am making 3 different kinds. 30lb of Summer sausage, 30 lb of Polish and 25 lb of beer sticks.

How about I send you my address and I can help you out with your overstock problem?

Well I taste tested my product and it pretty darn good, IMHO, :wink: . My son had some and he's impressed. Now I'll pass some out to some other friends and relatives to get their opinion, however, it'll likely be all gone then. No matter. Hunting season is only 2 months and 18 days away, but who's counting :wink:

Raf ... you have such an awesome hunting area you can just walk out your back door and pick up some more sausage!! :lol: :lol:

Back