Another new guy from Wisconsin

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tunaboat

Reaction score
Hi all. I just got a new CVA Wolf for Christmas. I'm the kind of person that likes to tinker with my firearms and I discovered this site by looking up info for my new shooter. Modern Muzzleloader.com reads like there are some great people on here that I can learn a lot from. I'm not entirely new to muzzleloaders. I purchase a CVA Bobcat back in the early 90's when Wisconsin started it's separate muzzleloader deer hunting season. Me and that old Bobcat didn't get along all that well and I gave it up after a couple of years. Now that I'm recently retired I was again looking for more excuses to be in the woods, hence the new Wolf. I'm sure with the new to me inline muzzleloader and the BH209 power I plan on using I'll have much better luck. Anyway, I have discovered that Boyds Gunstocks makes a replacement stock and forearm for the CVA Wolf, just in case there are any other tinkers out there. :D

Welcome to the Forum! Yup we have a great bunch of guys and there is a ton of experience here. The guys are always willing to help.

Welcome. Yes, a modern inline is a giant leap forward from the average open sighted side-lock. The only thing somewhat 'primitive' is the single shot. The average M-L also takes a little experimentation to get it set up most effectively, compared to centerfire.

I notice more people I know heading into 'retirement', I often comment, aren't they to young to retire? I think I have a ways to go yet, enjoy.

Back