Another Powder Shortage?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the rising prices ans shortage in powder is a greed conspiracy :

https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/some-insight-into-powder-prices.59576/

Its supply and demand (see above) .

Then when that is factored against political and finacial polices that foster inflation (inflation is controlable... And lessens the purchasing power of the poor and middle class inorder to transfer it to the government banks and mega rich).

All of this the Companies on down is greed of the $. The way i shoot & hunt, once i get my next load of powder about $500. I won't buy another Lb. of any the rest of my life. I will probably drive to Mexico, Mo. & buy in person. Haz. n shipping will be about the same for me as 2 tanks of gas
I’m in north central Oklahoma on a fairly regular basis, and though it would be a little out of my way, I could do the same with Powder Valley.

He then said the owner of HOP which he is friends with told him that in 3 months virtually all retail sale of powders will dry up. Said this info was from powder mamanufacturers.
This coming from the guy selling ammo is somewhat suspect ! My skeptical self thinks he was trying to convince a reloader he just needed to buy ammo from him right now before its all gone.
Who knows though in this crazy world it could happen too?

This coming from the guy selling ammo is somewhat suspect ! My skeptical self thinks he was trying to convince a reloader he just needed to buy ammo from him right now before its all gone.
Who knows though in this crazy world it could happen too?
Having been on the retail side before, i understand what you’re saying. But when you have customers that that deal with you often, you don’t want to lose them, and have worked to earn their trust and continued business. Also upset customers will tell everyone something bad, but happy customers only tell a few people. Ive been buying from my LGS for a while and feel like i can trust him when he told me the same news about a coming shortage of certain ammo and price jumps. He just relays, to me, what the suppliers tell him. Thats all i can really ask for, his advice on what to expect. The decision to buy or not still remains with me. If he is full of crap, it will be apparent eventually. Now if the ammo guy at Cabelas or Bass Pro tells me something then i know it’s bullshit cuz those guys have a quota to hit for bonuses.

badger must have a degree in Econ. LOL
Nope. I do not.

However it's not hard to understand inflation. Inflation is nothing more than an increase in the currency supply.

Rising prices are a symptom of inflation.
Milton Friedman (Nobel prize winner... had a show on public TV in the 70s) is a great educator for the common man on these sort of simple truths.

You too can become an expert on what causes inflation and why most talking-heads try to confuse the issue and blame others...

Last edited:
Back