Antelope in WY.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Name

Reaction score
Does anyone have advice on a public ground proghorn hunt in WY? Dad and I are looking into going in 06. Thanks in advance Joe Name

Not public land.. But I would advise you to get a Doe AND Buck tag!

Tons of Antelope out there.. :yeah:

Joe Name said:
Does anyone have advice on a public ground proghorn hunt in WY? Dad and I are looking into going in 06. Thanks in advance Joe Name

I know were you can get a tresspass permit for $500.00 each...PM me if interested...

Don't pay 500 bucks unless they can guarantee you a trophy. I've got info on public ground where you can easily shoot a doe or buck. May not be a trophy buck, but you will get one.

What zones are you applying for? Do you have your applications, rule books yet. Deadline for applications is March.
We just hunted near Kaycee for deer and lope in 2005. all tags were filled.

Hey Del I have not recieved a PM yet. something must of went wrong.

Joe Name said:
Hey Del I have not recieved a PM yet. something must of went wrong.

It was probably me Joe............if these friggin computers would let you know.......with an audible report.......kind of like a gun going off.....when you are succesful............i could no doubt cope with them better!

I got your info thanks. My kids work this computer better than I do. I have them for my tech support.

Private land Antelope.

There are thousands of Speed Goats here is Sublette county, mostly on BLM ...wide open to public hunting.. PM me for specific areas.. most areas here you can try for a buck and in addition two doe/fawn tags.. I took two does from my house this fall, on my own land, one with a pistol just to spice things up.. Les

This year is the first year that Wy. is going with preference points. You can either buy a point or pay a extra for one if you're unsucessful when applying for a tag. Since I can't go this year, I bought them. I've got a relative out there and he says that the goats are like rabbits. They don't focus on them, they pay more attention to big mulies and elk. He said where he works they race them with their dump trucks. When they first get the trucks, they are faster than the goats, but once the govenors are installed, the goats outrun the trucks. :shock:

Blue-Dot-37.5

Latest posts

Back