.... ANY FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE..........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer

Reaction score
:D :)

Any member here have any knowledge of the RUGER SINGLE ACTION 22LR/22MAGNUM REVOLVERS :?: I'm thinking of buying one and I needed some opinions on every thing about this revolver. 8)
Thanks to all who reply :!: :!:

I had a Bi-Centennial model and sold it last year for $400. I'm not a good pistol shot. Keep in mind that groove diameter requirements differ for .22LR and .22 win mag therefore one will be a lot less accurate than the other.

The convertible cylinder guns, 22lr/22mag, the 22mag will be the most accurate. I have a Single Six 22lr that is as accurate as anything on the market. I also just bought a MKiii 22/45 which is a dream to plink with. Ruger has always made great revolvers and pistols.

I have a Ruger single six hunter and it is my favorite gun. It took me awhile to get good with it but now i can shoot rabbits at 50 yards easy. I usually just use the 22long cylinder but i do not notice a difference in accurracy when i go to the 22mag
IMG_0037-2.jpg
[/img]

:D :)

Nice revolver :!: :!: If I buy another, I will go with a longer barrel. Thanks for the info. :!:

Yes, I have 2 here, one SS & one blued. Both of mine have the 6.5" barrel. I think I'd try one shorter if I bought another. I was doing fine with one then a local deal presented itself that I could not turn down. The gun will last several generations if taken care of.

Back