any love for the Bushnell Banner?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dragonfly

Reaction score
I'm having a Bushnell Banner 4x12 sent to me to try with no obligation to buy. These scopes are very economical at around $100. I like the idea of having an adjustable parallax which is usually only found on higher priced scopes. I'm not sure about proper clearance over the barrel on my Omega but will find out when it arrives. The eye relief is supposed to be a bit over 3 inches. I'm impressed with most Bushnell products and wonder if any forum members have any thoughts on this scope? They say "you get what you pay for" but reviews are very positive for a bargain price. :partyman:

I had one a while back that came on a rifle I bought. Was ok, but that was all I expected from it. Its since moved on. It might be fine for you for what you need.
Personally, I typically go for scopes in the mid level, vs lower level. Better quality, clarity, and especially eye relief. Bushnell 3200/4200 Elites are very nice scopes, I have a couple. I recently got a Vortex Diamondback HP and (2) Sightron SII scopes on closeout for a song. :partyman:

the older Banners were nice scopes the newer ones are ok but not great.
A nicer one would be the Legend or Trophy in the cheaper price range.
But for the same money or close you can get a Nikon or Burris Fullfield II on sale somewhere, I got both my Fullfields for 159 and 148 bucks each.

Back