any one here hunt woodchucks with there muzzle loader?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthew_h

Reaction score
I have a chance to do some woodchuck hunting and was wondering how my muzzle loader would do . the other choice is my 22lr or one of my 12 gauge shotguns . i would use the 22lr but it is not sighted in , but the muzzle loader is . there is plenty of room to safely use the muzzle loader . should i spend the time to sight in my 22 scope , or will the muzzle loader do ok ? my load is a pmc optima primer 100 grains pyrodex and a 300 grain t/c shock wave . sighted in 1 inch high at 60 yards .

I've seen a 250 gr XTP out of a 10ml "cleanly" harvest an eastern cottontail. So the 300 gr Shockwave should have no problem handling a woodchuck. I'm guessing you will get COMPLETE pass-throughs most of the time. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Let us know how it works out!

im going to bring a camera , i will get some pics of the field and of some woodchucks if we get any .

You might as well sight in that 22 as well. What good is it if you don't shoot it? I shot one this afternoon in my cut wheat field with a 22 at 85 yards. 22 will do the trick if you keep it within reason.

Back