Any Sharps Shooters?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MSalyards

Reaction score
I have a couple, both Shilohs. Both 45/70's, ones a Quigley and ones a Rough Rider. I only shoot black, both PP and greasers. Next one will be a 110.

I have a Shiloh Sharps Long Range Express in .45/70. My uncle ordered it thinking he’d shoot it competitively, but he never fired it. I inherited it when he passed away and I’ve never shot it either.

I have 3 1874 sharps

1. Pedersoli 45-70 target (pistol grip, creedmore sights), 30" oct. I have extra 40-65 bbl for this. Im selling this one.

2. Pedersoli 1874 mil model in 40-65 and custom Sunny France barrel, soule rear sight.

3. IAB Gemmer model in 45-70 that ive gone thru and upgraded parts, i have a leatherwood malcom 6x scope on this one, extremely accurate and good looking to boot.

No Sharps but I have two Remington Rolling blocks. Both were built on the #5 military action. One in 50-70 govt and the other a 40-65. Black powder in both. The 50-70 is more of a carbine length wearing a MVA rough n ready rear sight and the 40-65 is a 28" octagon barrel wearing MVA Vernier tang and Lyman globe front.

I just put an order in for a new Shiloh #3 Sporter in 45/110. I paid the extra $200. to Bill Goodman the only dealer around (Bozeman), to expedite the build. Normally 18 months to 2 years. Now only 4 - 6 months. I'm building it as a hunting rifle so no real fancy goodies. 26 in heavy barrel, double set triggers, semi buckhorn Lawrence ladder sight with a blade front. Gotta start filling the new safe!

I have a C Sharps long range shooting rifle in 45-70. I only shoot black powder. It’s a beautiful rifle.

glad i'm not the only one , do any shoot the knock down Silhouette game? I start in March and go to Nov. once a month. I have a Shiloh Rough Rider 45-70, Mva Scope and DZ mounts

I have a heavy barreled long range Shilo in 45-70 I recently acquired. Just now getting all the components together to load up some paper patched cartridges and see how it shoots.

Curtis

I want one, and sure I will eventually get one, but it will be a Big 50 (50-90) or bigger.

glad i'm not the only one , do any shoot the knock down Silhouette game? I start in March and go to Nov. once a month. I have a Shiloh Rough Rider 45-70, Mva Scope and DZ mounts
Yup. Been shooting BPCR silhouette [scope and irons], BPCR mid. and long range [M/l, scope, irons, B.P. military rifle] for 25 years. Master class BPCR silhouette scope, irons, Mid and long range.

you might want to try the Oak Ridge Match in March, recreation of 74 Creedmore. Friendship has a very good regional in May and Miami holds Monthly shoots all summer into early fall

Latest posts

Back