Any yew DwBs getting ready or iz reddy fer chasin deers?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All my centerfires have had their zero checked and my Lightning, S91 and the 451 prototype rifles are good to go. My cva wolf is guud too but eh meh won't use it. My BFR 44 is good to go also.

Took my 16 year old daughter down to deer camp last weekend to practice with her rifle. Indiana's youth hunt is coming up in a couple weeks. Had her sit in a stand and shoot milk jugs (love that word lol) wit water in em. We had a great time. BTW I'm jealous of her rifle, bought her a Tikka t3x lite compact. I might have to get one myself lol.

We also put up 4 new stands for this year. Can't wait.

Not yet, been too hot for me. I have a kill permit for does, only made it out two times when it cooled down to 50's (rare for July/Aug.) Only a spike first sit, then five deer second sit (3 still had spots) I won't kill momma with babies so they all got a pass. Hopefully it will cool down soon, permit runs out Sept. 30.
ML season opens first Saturday in Nov.

Not enough time this year for me and the hot humid weather didn't help. Normally I have all of my bullets for my family made up and all the rifles sighted in by this time. Plus I have 50 cal bullets I need to cast for a friend that I need to get going on as well. Just not enough time of the day for me. I guess I need to retire so I have more time to do the things I love to do. As long as my wife's To DO LIST, doesn't stop me? :D

October 1st is opening day for archery season here in Oklahoma.
I need to dust off the crossbow and take a few shots.
The muzzleloader guns are pretty much all set. Biggest problem is deciding which one to choose. Lol
I didn't get the chance last year but I think my flintlock will see the woods this year.

All my centerfires have had their zero checked and my Lightning, S91 and the 451 prototype rifles are good to go. My cva wolf is guud too but eh meh won't use it. My BFR 44 is good to go also.

Took my 16 year old daughter down to deer camp last weekend to practice with her rifle. Indiana's youth hunt is coming up in a couple weeks. Had her sit in a stand and shoot milk jugs (love that word lol) wit water in em. We had a great time. BTW I'm jealous of her rifle, bought her a Tikka t3x lite compact. I might have to get one myself lol.

We also put up 4 new stands for this year. Can't wait.
I have set up numerous tikka’s, and t3x’s for friends and family. Own 4 myself, everyone of them moa with a decent scope. Best money value out there for a really fine rifle..for whitetails the 6.5 creedmore and 140 grain freedom pills are hard to beat. Hope your daughter gets a good one. Stay safe and have a great season..

Me iz chasin dem deer wid me bow and arrowz rat now. I iz alwaaz reddy .
Archery season here starts sept 30th. I just got done hanging my stands the other day. Wow so hot an humid! Muzzys? - I have 4 that need to be sighted in!
I've been switching out scopes and now don't have the time to work with them. Maybe next week I can get to one or two. My black powder sub testing I promised is on the back burner for now but I will get it done (soon I hope). I do have a couple muzzys ready to go though but I hate have a gun in the safe that's not sighted in. Drives me crazy.
As for the OP's original post on the Tikka T3 lite - those are dandy rifles. I have one in 30-06 stainless. Man can that thing shoot 180 Barnes TXSs and Sierra Game Kings. 1/2 - 1 MOA all day long. If I wasn't so much into muzzleloaders and lever guns I'd probably have a couple more in the gun safe.

I have set up numerous tikka’s, and t3x’s for friends and family. Own 4 myself, everyone of them moa with a decent scope. Best money value out there for a really fine rifle..for whitetails the 6.5 creedmore and 140 grain freedom pills are hard to beat. Hope your daughter gets a good one. Stay safe and have a great season..
Her rifle is in 6.5 Creed. The gun caliber combo is great for her. Not too much recoil, accurate, 12.5 lop, 20 " barrel, feeds great and a smooth action. She had a Savage axis. It was accurate but feed poorly out of the magazine and the action was too stiff for her.

Her rifle is in 6.5 Creed. The gun caliber combo is great for her. Not too much recoil, accurate, 12.5 lop, 20 " barrel, feeds great and a smooth action. She had a Savage axis. It was accurate but feed poorly out of the magazine and the action was too stiff for her.
We are hand loading 140 gr. Berger vld with H4350. 400 yds, no problem, with big holes in and out. Aim for double lung, they run from 0-70 yds, great blood trail easy to follow..

I went to the range a week ago with my two Whitelightnings (hadn't shot them since last December) neither would fire. Never have I ever had a problem with either gun. So, I tried new number 11 primers, still didn't shoot, checked everything. I bought the last T7/ff bottle in Rome New York. Still shooting 1/2" groups with both guns. I had old T7/fff for about 5 years.

The problem was the old powder for sure. I went to FF/T7 was using FFF. I think that's why breech plug was having problems. All is while with my Lightnings shooting 1/2" groups again and it goes off every time using #11.

Glad to hear it was just the old powder. You should try the FFF powder again and compare your groups? Some say they get better accuracy with FFF. But you can’t improve too much more than 1/2” . 😁. I hope to get out today myself and sight in my M98 and one Whitetail.

Back