Any yew DwBs getting ready or iz reddy fer chasin deers?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sighted in my .54 cal Bison yesterday for bear season. Shot some 553 grainers I got from Flounder about 7 years ago. Got them clover leafing at 50 yds with 85 grains of 2F Swiss and a wool wad. I forgot how much fun the Bison was to shoot. I am always amazed at the lack of recoil in that squatty little gun, even with heavy charges. First time trying out the Bestill breech plug on the Bison. Worked like a charm and cleaned up real easy.
Such a simple and accurate little gun.

I'm going to order the SSK plug for Accura V2 Lr this week and hopefully get out this weekend and do some shooting! I'm also going to get some 300grn Xtps and see how they do in the Accura.

Heading to Elk camp in two days. Got my G series 504's all ready to go. Shooting a custom paper patched 450 grn boolit 85 grns of Swiss FFG. A wool wad of course. Restricted to spike bulls only so it is pretty tough going..but can't get one if you don't go. Take care of that spine injury Flounder!

Being 100% disabled my last hunt was 7 years ago and a pitiful attempt IMHO. But I wish each and every one of you great guys have the kind of success you hope for; but be careful out there.

Latest posts

Back