Anybody else collect anything cool

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been collecting skulls of North American mammals. Many i have obtained myself, and others were purchased from taxidermist. I hope someday to have a skull for each species found in North America. Upon my death the collection is to be donated to our local Vocational Agriculture school.

I have several classic bicycles that I also ride several times a week.
Here’s are just a couple:
1941 Westfield built Columbia
IMG_3992.jpeg
1946 Rollfast tall frame
IMG_1453.jpeg
I have 8 more bicycles in the stable.

Last edited:
Guitars…I have several old Martins but also Takamine Lawsuit acoustic guitars from the 70s.

I have several classic bicycles that I also ride several times a week.
Here’s are just a couple:
1941 Westfield Built Columbia

1946 Rollfast tall frame

I have 8 more bicycles in the stable.

I have my 1975 or '76 vintage Stingray still... banana seat and ape hanger handlebars, coaster brakes.

I have been collecting skulls of North American mammals. Many i have obtained myself, and others were purchased from taxidermist. I hope someday to have a skull for each species found in North America. Upon my death the collection is to be donated to our local Vocational Agriculture school.
How many North American Mammals are there?

I like collecting pictures of US presidents on 2.6" x 6.1" pieces of paper/cloth. I'm especially fond of ones with Ben Franklin on even tho he wasn't a president
Actually I've been getting nostalgic in my old age and picked up a few lever rifles. handy and fun to shoot. I like the .94s and Henrys.

I tend to collect kershaw blue pocket knives. They made a bunch of different varieties for a while, so I started buying any blade/color combination I had money for at the time

I have over 50 bullet molds, but I guess what I really collect is information: ~3,000 books and ~5,000 photographs (not counting photos in the books).

Edit: forgot about the external hard drive backup kept separate from my desktop. Total photos are closer to 10,000.

Last edited:
How many North American Mammals are there?
When you consider the number of species of mice, bats & shrews, the numbers add up pretty fast. I have most of the big game animals except Desert Big Horn, Roosevelt Elk, Woodland Caribou and Musk Ox. There are a few others I would like to get from the SW area and I would really like to get a wolverine. As you can see, the numbers add up pretty quickly. I already have two display cases filled and will probably need a third and fourth if I am ever able to get them all. OH, I also need to get most of the marine animals like the many species of seals, walrus, sea lion and sea otter.

I collected my fair share of enemies. At one time I had a goal of outliving my enemies. I realized that ain't going to happen as I got old and kept collecting much younger enemies. So that goal is over. 😁
I collect SS but even that seems tentative at the current state of affairs.

Back