Anyone familiar with "ultimate Firearms" rifles?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevevan

Reaction score
:D Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and relatively new to hunting with a muzzleloader. I've been reading abit about a rifle made by "Ultimate Firearms". Sounds like something I might find interesting and perhaps purchasing. I'm looking for any feedback from those who own or are familiar with this rifle. Quality, accuracy, etc. Thanks all in advance for your help.

Stevevan,

Honestly, I have never shot the BP Xpress. I have however shot most things smokeless and quite a few smokers in my time.

From the looks of things, I would assume these rifles are very well made. Fit and finish are most likely wonderful. After that I only have to ask why? Assuming the claims of accuracy and velocity are true, this gun will do nothing my ULA or 10ML can't do at a FRACTION of the price.

Negatives I can think of:

The FURY bullet is nothing more than a Parker Ballistic Extreme for more $$.
The breech uses primed cartidges vs. 209's = $$$$$$ and PIA factor
Burning 4 Pyro pellets per shot = $$$$$ and messy cleanup
55 second cleanup = I can hardly wet a patch in that time
125,000 psi = Savage 10ML-II can do that.
300 gr bullets approaching 2400 fps = Most smokeless guns will do that and the laminated 10ML-II will do it supurbly well.
55 second cleanup = :huh?:
$1600+ for a Howa action on a BOYDS stock = Make mine a ULA on a custom action, custom stock to my LOP with custm paint with included hard case and rings for $1300. A stainless Savage 10ML-II with the same stock can be had for under $700 from your local dealer as well.

There ya have it.. my .02! I suppose if you have your heart set on one and live in a non-smokeless state ( as I believe you do ) then by all means, go for it! And be sure to keep us posted!

Back