Anyone using 200 SW on deer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has used these on deer and how did they work.
The reason I ask is because I have 2 packages of them. They are left over from a fail experiment using 4227. They failed miserably. Not the bullets, but the powder which provided me with plenty of misfires. Misfires shouldn't be a problem with 4759.

I shot a Deer a couple three years ago with one. Really no problem. I shot the Deer really low and it went about 70yds. A heavy blood trail made it easy to find the Deer. You should have no problem at all.

I'm thinking that I have shot two pronghorns, a whitetail buck, and a whitetail doe. Worked perfectly in all counts.

They'll be going through my savage at a speed somewhat faster that they come out of an inline with T7. I'll have to see how they come group before I make a descision to use them on game. Might have to find a couple of old phone books and tape them together to get an idea how they preform and hold together.

Since I started using the 45 caliber bore I have shot only two bullets at game, the 200 grain SST/SW (I actually use the SST on game but have some blem SWs for paper) and they are very deadly. Keep in mind the 45 normally shoots about 2625fps with the 200 grain 40 caliber bullet.

2 deer and three hogs are all in the freezer.

The other bullet I've used is the 275 grain BE from Parker sabotless. I've only got one shot at a hog. May as well been hit by a train.

Latest posts

Back