Apex 45-70 conversion report

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaded

Reaction score
Well I have posted everywhere else so might as well here too. This is my Apex with 45-70 barrel converted. I was using 60 grains of IMR4198, 195 grain Barnes expander, Harvester Blue sabot, Win209 primers. Target is at 100 yards.

IMAG0023.jpg

0622121018a.jpg

I've read your post just about every where else and it still looks AWESOME!!! Still trying to figure out how you shot three bullets at the same time! :? :) jk

very awesome group! Was wondering do you knurl your bullets or just shoot as is?? I've been reading a lot about knurling and I am thinking I might have to do that to get better groups yet I don't have the tool to do that just a thought though.

Great shooting!!

River Rat

Lol well the 3 at the same time thing... Actually Thunder from on a couple other forums gets on me because I will shoot several XTP bullets and then I will shoot 2 Barnes in the same group. The reason why I do that is I want to see if they hit at the same POI. (which they pretty much do). I do not knurl my bullets and never had a problem getting accuracy. All you need is two bastard files to knurl but I have no experience with doing it.

Rumor on the street is a Wolf can shoot just as good of groups with BH209. :wink:

Back