Are 2011 CVA's no longer coming with iron sights????

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimG

Reaction score
Look at the 2011 catalog online. The Wolf, Optima, ect no longer come with iron sights? Only the two bolt guns do. That quite frankly sucks! I was finally going to purchase a Wolf or Optima and was NOT going to scope it! So much for that.

my 2010 wolf, optima, accura v2 all came with open sights. The only rifles that dont come with them are the Apex and the thumbhole optima as its designed strictly for use with a scope, Same with the Apex.

i took a look too and i think they are just trying to put the spot light on the mount itself.

they do the same thing with the wolf/combo kit but it has a front sight on it but no rear. Just looks like a picture glitch IMO.

Its not listed in the description either on the ones i mentioned but they are mentioned on a few others.

No Open Sights

I just purchased a new 2011 CVA Optima and it did not come with open sights. I asked the guy at Cabela's and he said that's the way they make them now. The holes are there if you want to buy the sights separately.

sights

Why don't you just call CVA and ask them? All the current models in my local stores all have open sights on them, Wolf,etc.

They all come with a scope mount now, and no open sights.

I guess they don't know the laws in Colorado.

They may still pre-drill the holes and especially if you ask them to. Then just order the williams peep with the fiber optic front sights.

Latest posts

Back