Arkansas is home!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mnt monkey

Reaction score
Been working on a place in Arkansas just north of Mena, 44 acres sitting out in the national Forest not much around me but just Big woods and beautiful water, beautiful creeks and rivers,, lake ouachita's right up the road. It's gotten to where when I leave here and go back to Southeast Texas I feel like I'm leaving home,, and since I can ,I did pull the retirement early lever, moving to Arkansas ,,can't wait to get settled in. I've got a 250 yard range right out my door soon as I open the woods up a little bit I'll stretch that to three and 400 as well as a couple of national forest gun ranges within 20 minutes of where I will live. Can't wait to get settled in and start shooting again it's about to kill me now,, but you only retire and move to the hills once I hope!! Bow season starts next weekend too,,, it's really going to be rough to be able to get up every day and go hunting and fishing whenever I want to ,or Walk Right out My back door and sit down at my bench other than going to town once a week or every other week for something to eat I'm not leaving,,, I think I heard Bigfoot night before last.

Attachments

• IMG_20220818_072326558.jpg
    IMG_20220818_072326558.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1
Thanks,,, I'm a very hyperactive man not working everyday going to take a big adjustment,, I have a lot left to do on the barn-dominium on the property a bunch of interior and exterior work I figure if it doesn't work out, me and retirement here in a couple of years I can go back to work, in the meantime I got 44 acres to work with and a lot to do and all the hunting and fishing that I can physically get up and do everyday I like Arkansas,,, my family's just right from right up the road,,, hatfields and McCoys,, oh yeah I'm a McCoy.

Thanks all of you!! I've got a lot of cedar trees on my place and I've got enough Rock to build a pyramid I hope to build me a little cedar cabin and stone cabin there's plenty to stay busy with. There's some really nice bucks up in the top of these hills around me I'm fixing to get very focused.

There's no City light where I'm at you should see the stars at night!! And even though my place is flat I'm up on top of a hill it's a beautiful night sky! I'm 25 miles from town either way you drive,, there is a little gas station about 6 mi from me.

Myself being raised up in north central Arkansas, there’s a few things to watch out for. Watch out for: snakes, copperheads, rattle snakes, cotton mouths. Also other things such as ticks, chiggers, and wasps of different species. Wild hogs are also a problem. Also the many poisonous leafy vines. All in all, Arkansas is a wonderful place to live. I wish I had never left.

HC you're right about that if you get out in the woods in Arkansas you better have some tick spray on,, fortunately coming from Texas everything in the woods bite you or scratches you too so I'm used to that. For me the hostility of some of the woods around here is appealing not scary!

Looks like the beginning of heaven. Happy Retirement!

Back