Armadillo!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buglemintoday

Reaction score
Armadillo.jpg

Found this guy walking down the road and decided to give him some shots!

2 turkey loads and 1 slug brought him down :lol:

You can't really tell in the pictures but he was actually quite large and did not go down with the first two shots of turkey loads. Thick Shell!

in one of my main deer hunting spots, the area is kind of swampy and completely infested w/ armadillos. in fact, i think all of MS is infested w/ armadillos. suffice to say, we usually try to thin out the herd when we do come across 'em. they really make a mess everywhere they go. some folks eat 'em, but i dont even like to touch 'em. they're just not very clean critters . . . .

a couple of years ago i drilled one with my t/c thunderhawk . .. . it was a perfect shot and he was dead as a doornail. but they still seem to flop around a lot. :shock:

I hate 'em! They used to be all west of the Mississippi river. Alabama is now eaten up with them! I hate em! One time I had had enough of them and I popped one up the butt with my 7mm08. It actually turned him upside down and hollowed OUT the shell! It was pretty dramatic and cool! 8)

Don't have any of those critters up here but sounds like they'd make good targets for a varmint gun. If there are that many around you should be able to make a day of it :wink:

They definately flop around!

I'd be willing to bet that one has gone 4.5 feet off of the ground in its twirling and flopping.

Very interesting, as this is the first one I have killed and the first I have seen out in the wild. I thought they were nighttime animals but he was out walking around during the middle of the day.

How are the state game departments classifying these? Setting up seasons or are they considered nuisance animals?

I think they are just known as none-game animals such as Varmints.

Rabbits, Coyotes, feral hogs, exotics, etc etc may be hunting 24/7 365days...with a current hunting license

Discovery channel had a show where this guy went to Mexico. He eats lots of strange stuff anyway. And he had the locals people cook him up one of those things. He claimed it was pretty good. It did not look all that great, but enough barbecue sauce and a fellow could eat anything I guess. We do not have them here to my knowledge.

They are easy to catch by hand - grab 'em by the tail and pick up quickly. OR - sneak up on it and push down with all your might - the little sucker will straighten you right up! :lol: They are one of my favorite animals.

Back