Arrowhead ML and Paramount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 45 cal Brux barrel from Luke on an Encore. Love it! Shoots well under MOA with BH 209 his 300 grn bullet. Haven’t tried smokeless as using it in BP or sub states.

I have Arrowhead Encore Barrel and a 700 he built also. Both Brux barrels, both use their No Size Required bullet and both guns take their same size 300 gr bullet. Both shoot really well and better than most of my custom guns. Luke was so helpful and these guns shoot so well I'd recommend starting there. We're now shooting 2" 400 yard groups, and going to 600 yards next year with the 700's. My Encore is a 300 yard gun and has a little lighter contour barrel. Once I got them several of my friends shot them and immediately ordered them. You can pm me any questions.

With an encore would all you need is to order one of the custom barrels with plug? Have a chance to buy an encore rifle at reasonable price and this would sweeten the deal for sure.

With an encore would all you need is to order one of the custom barrels with plug? Have a chance to buy an encore rifle at reasonable price and this would sweeten the deal for sure.
If you want to start simple then yes, all you need to make your existing Encore a smokeless muzzleloader is the barrel and breech plug combo from look. You would need to have the collapsible ramrod Luke sells or you can have thimbles added to the barrel and get something like the giRamrod from Spinjag, and of course an appropriate forend. Super easy and super accurate.

My setup is just as mentioned above, though I requested the 209 breech plug because I had a couple thousand 209's and didn't see the need to complicate the loading process with the additional step of priming modules.

All that said, I recently inherited my Grandfather's Rem700 in an unobtainable .257 Roberts AI. I got the okay from family to do what I needed to shoot it, so I'm contemplating parting out my Encore to fund the 700 build. If you're interested in an Encore barrel shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Back