Art' 448 Grain Boolit

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_0888.JPG

art'letter.jpg

By the time these boolits came to Rapid City, they weighed a hair less than 447 grain. This morning they were shot through carpet, plywood, and into water jugs. Range was 25 yard. Powder charge was 80g Blackhorn.

IMG_0880.JPG

The last photo shows the jugs after being shot. The first two jugs were placed in the wrong order, because i couldn't for sure tell which was which, until i saw the video. This is the second time today this happened.

The first jug the bullet hit was flattened; the second jug was severely damaged. The bullet, and wad both went through the third jug. The wad was found on the horse. The bullet was found under the horse. The bullet now weighs 442.7 grain. The width across the widest part of the mushroom is a hair less than 1 1/16". One and one sixteenth inches.

IMG_0883.JPG

They could have lost some weight from that long ride!
You probably have a much better scale than I do.
I'm happy to see that it held together so good. I'm not disappointed in the penetration and would shoot any deer I come across with one of these lightweights. Note the smaller meplate and I'm thinking the lead in these might be a tiny bit softer than in the heavyweights. I'll shoot bigger game with my heavyweights. :D :D
Thanks a bunch Ron, you are doing us all a great service.
Art

Great test and what looks like a great bullet. They look a lot like the ones I case from my UC Short Mag mold. I think they come out 448 or 450 grains. And in my White they are deadly.

Cayuga,
Interesting that you bring up the UC short. I wanted a bullet that was about the same weight as the UC short when I ordered a custom Accurate Mold. This one has a smaller meplate, is a bit longer than the UC short, and has one more grease groove. I have the UC short mold as well but I just don't get the kind of consistent bullets out of that aluminum Lee Mold that I get out of a heavier cast iron mold.

Latest posts

Back