BACO Creedmoor Type Muzzleloader Bullet Mold

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idaholewis

Reaction score
Bullet Mold i had made for my 32” 1:28 Twist Long Range .50 Cal

Typical HIGH Quality BACO Mold
GoH7j0kl.jpg

The Mold sure Casts a NICE BULLET, I cast these of Certified PURE Lead
beUPDAxl.jpg

Pure Lead Weight, 624-624.5 Grains is what the Mold throws when Cast of PURE Lead
AgZVztYl.jpg

And 1-20 Alloy Weight, BACO Jim Cast these 2 “Proof Slugs”
r3NxGDCl.jpg

vRRUKpjl.jpg

This BIG Bullet was EASY, a true PLEASURE to Cast :lewis: When you hear me Talk about Sharp Bullet Bases, Right here is What i am talking about, This is what you want to See when you Swing the Sprue Plate Open. PURE Lead Can be tougher for some to Cast than an Alloy, But as you Can see here, PURE Lead Can Cast EXCEPTIONALLY Well when you learn how to do it
LliBnxul.jpg

I have been looking at those molds online, I will be very interested in seeing how the bullets group for you Lewis!

Curtis

That's a Big ole' chuck of lead you got there partner. That would probably paper patch just right for my custom Ruger No 1 fast twist 50-70 govt .

You need .510-.512 Finished Diameter? I can DEFINITELY do that, I have several Different Paper Thicknesses, And Bullet Sizers, I would have no problem finding what was needed :lewis:

Bring that .50-70 over and Lets Shoot it!

Looks good! What is the mold # and diameter as cast. BACO molds are the best I have ever used.

I had this Mold Special Cut for my Muzzleloaders, The Diameters BACO lists for this Bullet is .510, .511, .512 (Cartridge) I had my Mold Made to Drop at .503, And that is EXACTLY What it Drops a 1-20 Alloy Bullet at, Pure Lead is 502.5, For Targets i prefer to Size my Bullets to “Bore/Land Ride” By Having the Mold Drop at .502.5-.503 I can also Hunt with this Bullet if i ever Chose to? It will Hold GOOD N TIGHT in my .501 Bores

I see my Mold was added to the BACO Catalog, Here it is
https://www.buffaloarms.com/503-muzzleloading-bullet-mould-jim503610c1

I had this Mold Special Cut for my Muzzleloaders, The Diameters BACO lists for this Bullet is .510, .511, .512 (Cartridge) I had my Mold Made to Drop at .503, And that is EXACTLY What it Drops a 1-20 Alloy Bullet at, Pure Lead is 502.5, For Targets i prefer to Size my Bullets to “Bore/Land Ride” By Having the Mold Drop at .502.5-.503 I can also Hunt with this Bullet if i ever Chose to? It will Hold GOOD N TIGHT in my .501 Bores

I see my Mold was added to the BACO Catalog, Here it is
https://www.buffaloarms.com/503-muzzleloading-bullet-mould-jim503610c1
BACO should give you a royalty! I’m thankful I ran into you on utube, I’ve learned so much. How you don’t have a million subscribers is beyond me. Thanks IL

Latest posts

Back