Bacon-Wrapped Strap-Backs...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty1

Reaction score
I went back into the kitchen to prepare some more fruits of my labor. This time Bacon-Wrapped Venison Back Straps. Here’s a very simple recipe:
Marinate straps in cranberry juice overnight.
When it’s time to cook, rinse venison straps in cold water and pat dry. Add salt, ground peppercorns and rosemary to the outside of the strap.
Vhkx7L5.jpg

Wrap the strap in bacon then into a preheated 400 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
rKTIw76.jpg

These were cooked to an internal temperature of 145-150 degrees.:)
oB1jZSw.jpg

The fruits of your labor sure look mouth watering! I'm eating "Deer Track" soup this year. ☹

Yum 😋

I did a whole venison roast wrapped in bacon.
Bravo and Thanks for sharing.

The way I usually did it was to cut the loin into 1' to 2" fillets, put two together with toothpicks, wrap in bacon and grill over charcoal. By pinning two together they were about the same size as beef fillet mignon. Lots of guests at my house made comments about the fine fillet mignons, pork chops and beef roasts. HE, he, he...

Great! I would have thrown them on a charcoal fire for just a bit to brown/crisp up that bacon but I'm sure it was good anyway!

that is why GOD crated pigs! thank you GOD!! bacon is the go to item for that kick that is needed!

Seeing this makes me want to shovel the snow off the grill and fire it up! Yummy!!!

Back