Bang Flop Doe

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Killed a big doe this morning.   

Distance:      50- 60 yards
Attitude:       Quartering to
Gun:            TC .54 Fire Hawk
Bullet:          250 grain SST
Powder:        100 grains of Black MZ
Cap:             Remington <a href='/tags/11' rel='nofollow' title='See all tagged subjects with: #11'>#11</a>

After spending a few hours in a blind I went over the ridge to the cotton field hoping to see some hogs.   Saw two does and a fawn about 150 yards away and put a stalk on them.   Came to the head of the gully and saw this big doe standing in the cotton field.  Got a rest on a fence post and fired.   Saw one doe and the fawn take off.   Went into the cotton field and found the big doe dead in her tracks.  

Bullet hit behind the shoulder and exited way back.   Bullet took out one rib  entering and two ribs  exiting.  On the ground there was a stream of blood and gore five feet long from the exit. 

It you gotta drag a good sized deer 100 yards up hill do it before you turn 78 years old. 

ByI2BVp.jpg

Many fence posts have helped hunters bag game, me for one. Any rest improves the chances of a clean harvest, glad you could use it falcon. Congrats on a fine animal.

John

OUTSTANDING!! What is that pattern on her face? Did you back over her head when you got her to the truck?

-Joe

OUTSTANDING!! What is that pattern on her face? Did you back over her head when you got her to the truck?
The ground was still wet with dew.   Think its from the imprint of something where she fell.

:cheers:
Copy3ofvde1016_muzzle_loader_muley_edited_E.jpg
:cheers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
p.s. I hope I can haul a deer uphill at 78!   The other day I was deer hunting on a ridge top.  It would be a lot easier dragging a deer down than up I figured! :lol:

Latest posts

Back