• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Barnes 290 grain TMZ 24 pack in stock at Muzzle-loaders.com 3/24/23

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the past several years I have used the Barnes 250 grain TMZ, 85 grains by volume BH209, and W209 primers in my Knight ultralight. They are amazing for a blood trails.

I am switching over to the 290 TMZ for possible hunting out west for elk and bear in NH. The 250 would likely be fine but the 290 should be better with respect to energy retained downrange using the same amount of powder. Once here I will be working up a new load and chronographing the speed at 10 and 100 yard. I will looking to do this for three rifles. Rifles are Knight ultralight, TC Omega X7, and a CVA Accura MR. I am kinda interested in trying a paper patch with the TMZ in my Woodman arms 45 cal patriot using Pyrodex RS. Not sure if that will happen. I will post all of the chronograph data in the Inline muzzleloader section of the forum.

Thanks for the info I’m shooting a 50 cal knight mountaineer. I’m thinking of the 250 just for better velocity and bullet drop out to 150 yards

Thanks for the info I’m shooting a 50 cal knight mountaineer. I’m thinking of the 250 just for better velocity and bullet drop out to 150 yards
At 150 yard the 250 is going to work amazing on deer. Shot a 147 lb buck two years ago at 128 yards. Dead in 25 yards, watched it plow the ground and break an antler on the way down... He had a blood trail that a blind man could have followed.

Back