barnes or s/w???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot52

Reaction score
what would be your choice for hunting whitetail 250gr.tmz or 250gr. bonded s/w

I have to agree.. the most accurate one from your rifle. Although that Barnes is hard to beat from all I have read for deer...

oneshot52

Not even a question in my mind.... the Barnes.... if I were out of Nosler Partitions.... .451/260 grain

Of course this is all provided that it will load and shoot accurately out of your rifle.

No brainer if accuracy is acceptable in your rifle. BARNES TMZ. I also think very highly of Nosler Partition. Can't do any better with either.

i like the barnes expanders. They may cost a good deal of money but when it comes to hunting VS paper shooting, Its cheap for a week of hunting.

Shoot them both and see which gives you the best groups. Then the one that performs better would be my choice. I like the TMZ and hae taken two deer with them. I like the 290 gr though, they seem to shoot better out of my triumph than the 250.

I use the 250 grain TMZ in my Savage....it has been the most effective Whitetail bullet I have ever shot out of a muzzleloader.....and I have been hunting with muzzleloaders for 27 years.....I understand that accuracy can be tricky with this bullet but my rifle shoots them very well.

Latest posts

Back