• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED/ISO Barnes Original Bullets 457010

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were these the ones Barnes only makes every now & then?
These were the originals and were traditionally a 45/70 bullet back in the day. Very common in the 45/70 world and later made famous by Randy Wakeman in the Savage Smokeless world. I never had trouble finding them before and now they are impossible to find in stores or online. I use them in my Savage.

I swear I have a few boxes of those in my basement that I had purchased for 458 SOCOM loads. Problem is that we just moved back in [@ 90 days ago] from a total down to the sub-floor, plumbing, sinks, showers, toilets douche out. So, alot of stuff that I didn't want in the pods were placed in the basement and has blocked me from some of My Stuff.
IF I have:
1 box goes to D
2 boxes split to D and ElDiablo
3 boxes split to D , ElDiablo and dh5555

No charge, been shooting 458 SOCOM since 2002. Never loaded them, so best rather use them to increase my back-slidin' Christian karma.
No charge, gyz. Give me till 8pm to respond to this thread. I'll be shipping using my company's UPS account.

I swear I have a few boxes of those in my basement that I had purchased for 458 SOCOM loads. Problem is that we just moved back in [@ 90 days ago] from a total down to the sub-floor, plumbing, sinks, showers, toilets douche out. So, alot of stuff that I didn't want in the pods were placed in the basement and has blocked me from some of My Stuff.
IF I have:
1 box goes to D
2 boxes split to D and ElDiablo
3 boxes split to D , ElDiablo and dh5555

No charge, been shooting 458 SOCOM since 2002. Never loaded them, so best rather use them to increase my back-slidin' Christian karma.
No charge, gyz. Give me till 8pm to respond to this thread. I'll be shipping using my company's UPS account.
Most generous of you. They are impossible to find.

I'm still in the Lab but had my Boss pay me for looking up this particular bullet and the legits of the sellers. Check them yourselves, first.

One (1) box per customer. Reimburse friends and family members. EDIT: Now, Out Of Stock.

EDIT: I was incorrect on this Barnes bullet at Clinton Sporting Goods. Heck, and I used to teach Observation at Stone Bay for two (2) years. Sorry.

I'll get back this evening on what I find on my shelves. Got a PM, thanks. I bought @ three boxes. What I find will ship out with no charges.
I just want a pic posted here of the winning target or the critter taken, so that we can all smile and tell our stories. And listen to them.

Last edited:
I wiggled through the back 550 of 1100sqft of basement only to find one box with a broken seal. It has 44 pills that are shiny. I bought these back in 2002. D, they are yours. Just PM your address and I'll ship them out tomorrow by my company's UPS account and email you the tracking number.

ElDiablo and dh5555, if/when I find the other two unicorn boxes of pills, they will ship out pronto. For the interim, may I send you both one box [50 count] each of Barnes TTSX 300gr Manufacturer #: 30642 pills? Just to give us a rundown of your results for BP scientific data collection.
The wife has given me till the last week before Christmas to douche out the basement and have it ready for an IG Pass & Review. That means "By Thanksgiving" in married language if I want the Spice To Flow. The other boxes will/will not be found by then.

Gratuitous Pic of wife unit that I carried in my wallet from her 2nd BA Graduation pic 1984, same year we were married. She knows more ways to take me out than I learned in 10 years of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children frat. Well, the Christian Lebanese taught us a few things in '83 when dealing with animals. C GRAD RN Pic Copy 2.jpg

I wiggled through the back 550 of 1100sqft of basement only to find one box with a broken seal. It has 44 pills that are shiny. I bought these back in 2002. D, they are yours. Just PM your address and I'll ship them out tomorrow by my company's UPS account and email you the tracking number.

ElDiablo and dh5555, if/when I find the other two unicorn boxes of pills, they will ship out pronto. For the interim, may I send you both one box [50 count] each of Barnes TTSX 300gr Manufacturer #: 30642 pills? Just to give us a rundown of your results for BP scientific data collection.
The wife has given me till the last week before Christmas to douche out the basement and have it ready for an IG Pass & Review. That means "By Thanksgiving" in married language if I want the Spice To Flow. The other boxes will/will not be found by then.

Gratuitous Pic of wife unit that I carried in my wallet from her 2nd BA Graduation pic 1984, same year we were married. She knows more ways to take me out than I learned in 10 years of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children frat. Well, the Christian Lebanese taught us a few things in '83 when dealing with animals. View attachment 37765
David you are a blessed man. She is beautiful. Thank you for crawling through the basement to look. Please keep me in mind if you ever locate the other boxes.

Back