Bear Archery Truth Bow

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CORVAIR

Reaction score
After being absent from bowhunting for the last four years while concentrating on firearms season in Indiana, I have purchased a new bow.
After carefull deliberation and reading 2007 bow reviews, I opted to buy the new Bear Archery "Truth".

I compared features, i.e...,weight,speed,brace height,axle-axle length, quiteness,vibration elimination,value and foremost quality workmanship as my quailifiers for the new bow. All reviews I have read on the Truth bow were excellant and compared it to the high end bows from Matthews,Bowtech and Hoyt. I can only say one thing about this bow after shooting it..., WOW!!! :shock: Extremely smooth drawing and ultra-quiet on release. Accuracy and repeatability of arrow placement are excellant.

I equipped my bow with the Extreme 4 pin fiber optic sight(very bright pins in low light),Whisker Biscuit deluxe rest,Simms short stabilizer and the Predator machined aluminum peep sight. Arrows are Carbon Express Maxima Hunter carbon 350 arrows.I am also shooting a string loop and using my old Cobra caliper wrist mount release.

If you want a very well made bow that is quiet and fast(314fps IBO) for a minimum investment($550 retail), I whole heartedly recommend the Truth bow from Bear Archery. :D

The Truth is a great bow for the money!

I tried one out (along with the rest of the Bear line) when I was shopping for a new bow. I tried as many as I could get my hands on, from every manufacturer that was availible in my area. My first choice was a Hoyt Vectrix, and was followed by a Mission X3, Mathews Drenalin, Ross Cardiac, Mathews Switchback XT, Diamond Black Ice, Bowtech Guardian, Tribute, and countless others from Bear, Martin, Jennings, Darton and other manufacturers.

I ended up buying a Mission X3 - it just fit my hand perfectly, was as smooth as the upper end big three on the draw, something that was important to me. Yeah it's got a little hand shock (fixed with an STS), 310 IBO, and has a black riser - but it was also only $330 which left me with a bit for all the extras I'm looking into.

I hope you enjoy your Truth! I need to get practicing myself, my last bow was so old the Smithsonian wanted it back. :D

whill, i hadnt heard of mission archery before, but i just pulled up the website and they look pretty neat. are those made by mathews? looks like they aren't the latest parallel limb design, but for that price, i think i could do without! :D

Yup, Mission is a subset of Mathews.

Personally I was never really sold on the Mathews hype (and I even lived in Sparta WI for a bit, the factory's home town), and kind of skipped over them for a number of years (11 to be accurate :oops: ). A friend of mine shot Hoyt for years, and I always liked the way the cams pulled, until I tried the new Switchback. Incredible for a single cam system. And the weight of the Dren is spooky, almost too light for me. :shock:

When I had the chance to shoot the Mission offerings vs the rest of the Mathews lineup and Hoyt/Reflex, Bowflex/Diamond it was like night and day to me at least. I can do without the fancy camo, parallel limbs, and other new goodies that are showing up in bows - I'm not that great of an archer yet. The X3 just gives me a quality mid level bow at a price I can afford to get nicer components.

Same as the Bear / Martin products, there are a TON of great offerings in the ~450$ > catagory, anyone should be able to find a bow that's perfect for them, just make sure you try them all and find what's best for you!

wihill said:
I can do without the fancy camo, parallel limbs, and other new goodies that are showing up in bows - I'm not that great of an archer yet. The X3 just gives me a quality mid level bow at a price I can afford to get nicer components.

thats exactly the way i feel. im still not at the point where i can spend $800 on a bow (might never be there). but that x3 looks like a nice little bow that's quick, too. i'm going to have to check 'em out :wink: i hope they make it in a LH model ....

I purchased my Truth from Gander Mountain. With 10% discount, got it for $494.00. :D

P.S. After repairing fletching on a couple of arrows due to the biscuit rest damaging them, I have switched to the QAD Ultra drop away rest.

Good news with the QAD!

Right now I'm deadlocked between the QAD pro model or a Muzzy ZeroEffect, leaning more towards the QAD - I've heard nothing but great things about them. I've heard the Muzzy is a bit of a pain to setup, and you still have to trim down the hook abit.

I have the QAD Pro.... LOVE IT!

I would never use another rest.

QAD gets my vote!

Latest posts

Back