bedding 10ml-ll

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danwhitejr

Reaction score
I recall someones post about bedding the savage that they put a block of aluminum in the stock to stiffin the tupperware stock,my question is can the block be used for a third pillar hole and epoxied into the stock?

I have heard of people putting a piece of aluminum in the forearm area to stiffen that up.Others have had mixed results bedding the tupperware stock. You could do it, I do not know how well it would hold up.

Tar-12 said:
I have heard of people putting a piece of aluminum in the forearm area to stiffen that up.Others have had mixed results bedding the tupperware stock. You could do it, I do not know how well it would hold up.

Carbon hunting arrows add considerable stiffness without a lot of added weight.

Brownell's sells some pillars that have worked well for me. They fit the Savage receiver and can be trimed to length. Brownell's stock number is 720-200-700 and called Parrish rem 700 pillar bedding blocks. Brownell's phone number is 800 741 0015.
Dave

Savage Shooter said:
Tar-12 said:

Carbon hunting arrows add considerable stiffness without a lot of added weight.
That is a excellent idea!! Cut to length, you could put several in side to side.

Sections of fishing rod blanks will work. I have also bought aluminum rods from Home Depot and rolled them on my bench while pressing down with a rough file to create a knurled surface. Create a channel in the forend and put some bedding compund in the bottom. When it sets up lay the rod in the channel and cover with bedding compound. Check for barrel clearance before you make this final step or you may be sanding out aluminum or fiberglass latter. Ask me how I know.

LOL
:roll:

hi i put lead shot in the mag well of my tupperware stock than used scrap of flashing to hold bedding off shot. works like a recoil reducer. held up 20 shot so far clint

Latest posts

Back