Bees Wax Pricing?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a 1# block at hobby lobby this spring for $11 tax included. What’s expensive is the Anhydrous Lanolin $14 per 8 oz.

Last edited:
What are you all paying per pound for Bees Wax? I have a local guy who sells bulk wax for $9 a lb.

If you can get pure beeswax locally for $9/lb., I think that you’re doing OK.

Some of the commercial (Chinese!🤬) beeswax that I see sure looks/feels like it’s been cut with paraffin, soy wax, or something else.

I’m not an expert, and I can’t really articulate the “feel,” but it just doesn’t feel “right,” to me.

I’m willing to pay a little more to get something in which I have full confidence! 👍

I have a round of beeswax in my garage that has pretty much been right where it's at since I got it. It has not been purified but someone can have it for whatever it would cost to ship it. It's probably close to 5 pounds.

I'll measure it here in a bit to see which flat rate box it might fit in. Okay, so it's basically in the shape of a wheel, 8" in diameter and 4" high. Will fit in a medium flat rate box ( 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" ) which costs $16.10

If you know how to purify it, that's surely a good deal.

Last edited:
2lbs for $14 via Amazon w/ free shipping when I ordered some other stuff.

Tried to buy local but it was $14/lb AND the damn lady put me on a email list about religion and crap... and it doesn't honor unsubscribes. This geek is about to go nuclear.

Latest posts

Back