beretta 92,or glock,or springfield xp 9mm???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowguy

Reaction score
i may be opening a can of worms here but i am planing on getting a handgun for fun and for home defense/and carry...
any thoughts would be welcome!

There is a reason many law enforcement agencies moved away from 9mm pistols. They found that while they were accurate and easy to shoot, they lacked the stopping power of the larger calibers like the .40 S&W or the .45 ACP.

For home defense you are looking at a weapon that if it needs to be used, it needs to be lethal. I would go with a bigger caliber. But that is just my opinion. I personally like the .45 acp. I used to have a Colt Combat Commander and then for some reason sold it.

I am sure that the 9mm will get the job done. I used to have a S&W model 659 high capacity (I believe it was). And when it came to combat shooting and really putting lead down range, that was a hard pistol to beat.

Of the ones you mention the Glock would be my choice.

Plain and simple they are all good to go, best bet is to see if a local range has them and rent and shoot, the ergonomics are a tad different on them but you find it doesn't matter to some.

Remember if your are not going to be the only shooter to take along your partner to try all so.

As to 9mm too many people play the calibere game and worry about what round will work or not. The 9mm with HOLLOW POINT rounds if legal in your area will do every thing that a 45 or 40 will.

I have carried them all and have had them issued,don't get hung up on departments changing to another calibere, majority still caryy 9mm, they change due to politics and piss poor shooting by the average cop .

Pick your poison and PRACTICE! Shot placement is the key and 9mm for that is cheaper at this point then 45

As my mentor Mr. Bryce was fond of saying "more holes in ,more blood out"

settled on a springfield xd9.
i cant wait to shoot it1

any suggestions on tactical leg carry holsters or low hip holsters?
i will be open carring this if any.
thanks
jamie

Back