Best load for Encore 50

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parafighter4

Reaction score
New to site...haven't had enough time to search all posts. What is the best load for my TC Encore? Will be shooting up to 200 yds. Equiped with Nikon Omega BDC. Need to know type, brand, and amount of powder and same info for the projectile. Also, what and how do you clean it, how often and what do you use in between shots (if anything)? Whats your experiences?....

encore

HowdyLots of guys on this site use the following: 110 grains of black horn 209,Harvester short black sabot, TC shock wave 250 grain bonded, Winchester regular 209 primer. My encore loves it. Yours will to.
Wayles

Encore

You don't want to wipe in between shots. The first shot and the last will load the same. This is not true with most of the other powders. The Black Horn 209 powder has proven to be non corrosive. I went two shooting sessions over 3 weeks time and there was no rust or problem in a blue barrel
Wayles

Definately 110gr. of BH209 and a 250gr. T/C Shockwave with the Harvester Short Black Sabot. If you are just hunting Whitetail I would recommend you use the regular shockwave and not the Bonded unless you're hunting elk.

you cant go wrong with the combos mentioned above.

mine is also eating 100 gr bh209, 250gr tc shockwaves and harvester short sabots.

Mine likes too many to mention...but I will!

My favorites;

240gr XTP with supplied sabot and 110gr BH209-This loads tough but shoots great!

250gr Shockwave with supplied sabot and 110gr BH209- This loads a bit easier than the above load and shoots into the same hole at 50...about 1" lower at 100.

Parker BE 275gr with supplied sabot and 115gr BH209-This load also shoots into the same hole as the above loads at 50 and groups with them at 100 but just a bit high and 1" to the right.

The point is have fun finding your favorites. Most of these guns have tight bores and are very accurate. You will have no trouble but will have many choices.

Thanks for all the info, been very helpful...keep it coming if you don't mind.

Went shooting today and shot 3 times dead center @ 100 yds. Thats just using up whats left of my T7 loose powder (110 gr. V) and TC XTP 250 gr.

Can't wait to switch to BH209. BUT, I can't find it around here! I'm in Dayton, Ohio...anyone from around here know where to get BH?

Thanks

Re: encore

wayles said:
HowdyLots of guys on this site use the following: 110 grains of black horn 209,Harvester short black sabot, TC shock wave 250 grain bonded, Winchester regular 209 primer. My encore loves it. Yours will to.
Wayles

Thats a great load
My deer are small and my shots 100 yards max so I went down to
90 grn BH 209 under a 200 grn Shockwave and Win 209 in my Encore

Welcome and good luck

Latest posts

Back