Best scope value in the USA right now...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuck,

You need to compare with the Pentax Gameseeker line; those scopes are "cheap and cheerful"!

I tested a 3-9X40.

jim

SUPER deal!

I just picked up a 4x12x40 from Midway USA on a tip from Chuck. What a great scope for the $$$$

Looks like a good deal. I have been looking for a 3x9. Was going to go with a VX-II.

How does Nikon's customer service compare to Leupold's?

Also, do you recommend the BDC or Nikoplex reticle for a muzzleloader?

Thanks.

I really can't say for Nikon as I have never used it or heard of any reports good or bad. Leupold I have heard good and bad but mostly good.

I suppose if you are buying on customer service you should look at Sightron. They are tops when it comes to customer service and care.

Their SII 3x9x42 scope is a fantastic scope for the $$$ and a lifetime no questions asked replacement policy. No repairs with Sightron, just a new scope.... period!

just my .02

I suppose if you are buying on customer service you should look at Sightron. They are tops when it comes to customer service and care.

I have to agree! I have no customer service opinion on Nikon...don't know anything good or bad. But Sightron and Swift are certainly at the head of the customer service class. Leupold, from what I know, is up there as well..

My buddy is a huge Leupold fan. I have 3 Monarchs. I let him use my muzzleloader one evening. I was shocked when he so impressed with my Nikon Monarch. He actually compared it to his Vari-X III, even saying the Monarch may be a little clearer. I personally haven't looked through a Vari-X III but I know I sure love the Monarchs. My buddy just picked up a s/s laminate Omeaga from Bud's and was asking if I wanted to part with one of my Monarchs. I may sell him one and pick up 1 or 2 more Monarchs for that great price. I don't know how the Monarch BDC reticle will work on a muzzleloader but I may give it a try.

For the money you can't go wrong!!

Latest posts

Back