Better late than never

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquastang

Reaction score
So, at age 25, my son finally shot his first deer. He had always been too busy with swimming in high school and college to hunt deer. Turkeys, that's another story all together. Anyway, about a year and a half ago I came across a really good deal on a Knight MK-95 and snatched it up in hopes that he would finally free up time to go out during early muzzle season. We spent time this summer at the range working up a load and it turned out that what the gun liked was Barnes 250 gr. Expanders and 80 gr. BH209.

So, Saturday came and I sent him with his grandpa down into the "honeyhole" and I went to my tree stand a mile away. Grandpa said, " We probably won't get cell reception down in that low spot, so don't bother calling." To which I replied, "It's ok, I'll hear the shot." Sure enough, 4:15 in the afternoon, I heard the boom of a muzzlelaoder in the direction of the where they had set up. I smiled. Finally, my eldest had his deer. My hunt was over, got down out of the stand and didn't care. Bow season is a long one and I have more chances to get out there...I had to go help with that deer!

As you can see in the pictures it is a nice average doe and he made a great shot at 60 yards. Pretty proud. :D

[URL=http://s1073.photobucket.com/u....com/albums/w395/aquastang/IMG_7201.jpg[/img][/url]

The Barnes expander left an entry hole that I could fit 4 fingers in.

[URL=http://s1073.photobucket.com/u....com/albums/w395/aquastang/IMG_0111.jpg[/img][/url]

Congrats! Hopefully he is now hooked and you have a life long deer hunting partner.

Very Cool! Congrads to your son! :applause: :yeah:

So there is another MK-95 doing it's duty! 8) Great rifles aren't they?

Yes indeed Shawn. I love my other guns, but i have to admit that the MK-95 might be the nicest shooting of the bunch. 3 days before the hunt we went to the range and he was plinking the 8" steel plate at 190 yds. It is a very accurate gun!

Aquastang said:
Yes indeed Shawn. I love my other guns, but i have to admit that the MK-95 might be the nicest shooting of the bunch. 3 days before the hunt we went to the range and he was plinking the 8" steel plate at 190 yds. It is a very accurate gun!
You bet. I love mine and would not part with them. First rifle I reach for to go hunting, they are a pleasure to carry too. Again Congrads to you and your son!

That's a great deer congrats to your son and thanks for sharing the story!

Latest posts

Back