Better than any cartoon

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Today was one of those WTH days. The wife and I laughed our asses off. I was laughing so hard, I couldn't get my phone out to video the whole scene, which would have been epic.

The story...…….
I asked the wife is she's like to go out for breakfast and of course her reply was yes. So we started out to go to Hillman. Then I remembered that schools were closed there because everyone was sick, so we changed locations.
The wife mentioned Rogers City and a little restaurant we've visited before. By the time we got there, it was more or less after the morning crowd and prior to the lunch crew.
So we just start eating and the only couple there.
Well, the next thing we know, 4 of the women who worked there decided that with business slow, they'd hang a new roll up blind on one of the windows.

ABSOLUTE CHAOS!

They started hollering at each other telling each other they were doing it wrong, but not a single one of the 4 knew what they were doing.
The dishwasher came out from the back wondering what all the bickering was about. The dishwasher finally convinced, or at least got all 4 to agree on how to measure the blind to fit, then went back to wash dishes.
Then the bickering started, or rather continued, on who was actually going to measure the window. Now I'm just laughing my ass off at this whole process. I mean tears are running.
So one of them finally gets to tear the blind to length, all the time being told by the other 3 that they're doing it all wrong. Then they debate with each other who's going to hang the blind. All hell's breaking lose again.
So then its decided between the 4, that 2 of them should hang it. One on one end, one on the other. Then the bickering started on which 2 that would be. Finally I think brute force won over that debate.
Then while attempting to hang the roll up in the brackets, they found that it was to long, which started another bickering match about who was right in the first place.
The two that tried to hang it determined that they would be the ones shortening the blind this time. All this time the remaining 2 bickered about who did it wrong in the first place.
They finally had it torn to the proper width, so it was time to install the blind in the brackets.
OMG!
We sat there for at least 10 minutes watching those 2 trying to put the blind in the brackets.
Mean while, another young couple had came in and were quite amused at this ordeal. Now they hadn't seen this whole ordeal. The young guy tried to video the ordeal, but he got to laughing and had to stop.
It was way over the time we could have left, but DAMN, this was better than cartoons! But we had to leave, so we got up. I walked over to the young couple and told them, "We don't do it that way where we're from". The young lady was laughing and said back, "We're from VA and we don't do it like that either."
So I walk over to the 2 women trying to hang that roll. I couldn't take it any longer.
I told them that if they put the pointy end in the hole first, the slot on the other end would just drop in place and they'd be done.
"Well, why the hell didn't you tell us that earlier?" was one's response. Then everyone started laughing their asses off.
What a morning! The whole thing was better than the best cartoon!

Latest posts

Back