BH 209 Supplies needed

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dalberg

Reaction score
If I am to start shooting BH 209 what supplies will I need, as complete as list as possible. I have nothing, I have only used pellets previous. Thanks,
Doug

You might need some water/air tight powder storage tubes. :D :wink:

To hold your loads at the range. That way you can pre-measure your loads in advance.

117186125_tp.jpg

Just PM me, and I'll hook you up :)

lane said:
You might need some water/air tight powder storage tubes. :D :wink:

To hold your loads at the range. That way you can pre-measure your loads in advance.

117186125_tp.jpg

Just PM me, and I'll hook you up :)

+1 buy 40+ of them! Trust me on this! :lol:

+3 Can't live without them. Buy at least twice what you THINK you will need.

They're great for doing pre-prep at home before a range session.

003-1.jpg
[/img]

Only thing I would add is patches for claeanig afterward and an appropriate sized drill bit to clean the 209 carbon out of the breech plug. Oh, and lots of bullets.

I have 3 of these range kits for powder. :wink:

038-1.jpg

I have a CVA Wolf, any one brand of the powder measure, I see a lot of people here talking about the TC Clear Views? I will talk to Lane on the clear tubes. Thanks again guys,
Doug

You might want to get one of those plastic pour spouts for the bottle on BH209. They make things a lot easier.

paia said:
You might want to get one of those plastic pour spouts for the bottle on BH209. They make things a lot easier.

+1 on that!

029-1.jpg

T/C - Flint river U-View and T/C Brass Powder measure.

025-1.jpg

And a set of calipers for measuring all those little itty bitty groups you will be shooting! :lol:

015-2.jpg

dalberg said:
why both powder measures?

Just examples, take your pick. The brass one only measures in 10 grain increments, the U-View in 5 grain increments.

Dalberg

I'd go with a brass one for BH209. The Clear TC U-View type has a static cling effect that can be very disstracting :?

measure_1.jpg

Hornady 250gr SSTs/XTPs. I've shot 'em in two different Wolfs...they should shoot!

tubes

I bought 100 of them and gave aboiut 30 to friends, mistake. I should have kept the 100.

Thanks for the help guys, I will be gathering supplies soon.
Doug

OK Guys :)

I just got done processing 20 new tube orders :shock: :eek:

I got about 200 of the 10ml size tubes left, And Plenty of the 5ml size tubes--(they actually hold 110grains of powder)!

Just placed an order for a 1000 more 10ml size :shock: :D 8)

And if you are reading this...Don't order from my Ebay site! I can save you a couple of bucks if we can bypass all the extra Ebay fees :p 8)
just PM me or email me at [email protected]

You all have been great! I mean it :D No problems at all from the Hunting fraternity :wink: And it's my pleasure to serve you!

Back