• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

BH209 at Walmart

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, just dry powder. Ouch
Maaan thats gotta cause some puckerin & a kink in yer git-a-long huh. Whats the world comin to when a feller needs to go buy himself some Tucks pads & Perp H for the "grapes of wrath" he's gonna get when he buys himself some BH 209 powder? And don't forget the blow up doughnut cushion for the ride back home. Its to the point now that even IF I could afford all the BH 209 I could ever want, I'd never buy any more just on the greed & price gouging stranglehold they have on that product & market. So the BH 209 I have is only going to be used for hunting or checking zero until its all gone. Then I'll be luvin all over that T7 & makin friends with that crud ring or smokeless.

Actually, i believe that the problem is, in very cold temps, if the bh209 isnt sealed up very well by both bullet and primer, a weaker primer may not always ignite the bh209. So while a ML specific 209 may work in the spring/summer on a marginally sealing load, it may not work 100% in fall winter, causing the misfire when you need reliability the most.
Oh ok I was just thinking as reading that and thought well metal does make condensation on it in a since sweat when changing temperature so thought id ask cause if it can do it on the outside the outside the barrel why not the inside with the powder charge causing the powder to clump and foil ,but yours makes more sense .mine was intended more long question area and you answered it thank you 😊

Oh ok I was just thinking as reading that and thought well metal does make condensation on it in a since sweat when changing temperature so thought id ask cause if it can do it on the outside the outside the barrel why not the inside with the powder charge causing the powder to clump and foil ,but yours makes more sense .mine was intended more long question area and you answered it thank you 😊
Ive seen 209 primers that have been soaking wet fire just fine. Never tried submerging and then freezing them tho. I may try a quick test just to see what happens.

Maaan thats gotta cause some puckerin & a kink in yer git-a-long huh. Whats the world comin to when a feller needs to go buy himself some Tucks pads & Perp H for the "grapes of wrath" he's gonna get when he buys himself some BH 209 powder? And don't forget the blow up doughnut cushion for the ride back home. Its to the point now that even IF I could afford all the BH 209 I could ever want, I'd never buy any more just on the greed & price gouging stranglehold they have on that product & market. So the BH 209 I have is only going to be used for hunting or checking zero until its all gone. Then I'll be luvin all over that T7 & makin friends with that crud ring or smokeless.
With proper application, I've found a device that makes the whole BH209 shopping experience much easier to take, regardless of where. It's compact and readily available at Graingers...
1664550555524.png

Back