bh209 question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebob

Reaction score
I have a 45 cal disc extreme. What kind breech plug do I need.

nebob

I have a Extreme 50 and shoot BH with the FPJ and it works fine. While I was I hunting I would NOT use a used jacket - use a new one. My BP is the concave models. I think the convex model has to small af a flash hole.

nebob said:
I have a 45 cal disc extreme. What kind breech plug do I need.

Either one of these will work. I have only used the Non-FPJ plug with BH209, love it.

022-2.jpg

020-3.jpg

The N-FPJ conversion actually sits in the FPJ slot in the bolt and is an extension of the bolt. I allows you to drop in a primer and chamber it in the plug. It also extracts the primer, turn gun to the right and primer drops out.

011-4.jpg

007-5.jpg

Thanks. the n-fpj looks cool but does it work for hunting. I have had my bolt come open when carrying by the sling, and lost my primer. Will I have the same problem with th n-fpj. With it keep my prime dry.

IMO the FPJ is so much trouble to use, it would be worth the money and effort to switch to the non-FPJ + it's one thing less that you don't have to keep buying form the manuf.

I've used both with BH-209 and have had no problems. However, my preference is the FJP for handling reasons.

Busta--great pics. Thanks for posting them because I have never seen the FPJ vs the Non-FPJ before--now I know :idea:

The Non-FPJ does not have a concave face, but it still fires off BH209 with absolute reliability and no hang fires?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back