BH209 ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son just purchased the Leupold 3x9 UltraSlam ML scope. On the power selector ring it has a symbol of 2 pellets and 3 pellets and tells you to sight it in at 100 yds with which ever one you are going to use and therefore the other aiming points should be dead on at the ranges they were setup for.

My question to all of you BH209 fans is 110 grs of BH equal to 2 pellets or 3? My guess would be three but....??

Thanks for the help. Ed

I shot some Hornady FPB 350 grain conicals with 110 grains of BH209 and they chronographed right at 1800 fps. Very hot load. I'm pretty sure this qualifies as a 3-pellet or "magnum" load.

110 grains of BH is a hot load and what my Encore likes with the .452/300 XTP's. I agree its closer to 3 pellets, recoil reminds me of my Rem. .30-06 165gr. coreloks.

Ed,

How do you like the Scope ? I went to Cabelas today to buy one for my new ML, and they didnt have any, not even the display. The guy said they cant keep them in. They didnt know when they would have more in stock. So i just settled for another burris with ballistic plex.

Back