Big NYS Buck Shot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawdwaz

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this over here also. I shot this 217lb a few days ago...

Friday afternoon I killed this buck in the Finger Lakes area of NYS. Only about 400 yards from where I shot the 140" B&C buck last year with the ML.

First time I hunted the stand for this year (I think that has significance) and the stand/area has been very good to me for about 20 years.

The shot was a quartering away at about 30 yards. He only went about 75 yards and piled up. Oddly, I found another buck dead, about 10 yards from him and he had not been dead very long, no arrow, blood or any other signs of trauma. Probably hit by car??

100gr Slick Trick & BowTech Guardian.

The body on this thing was amazingly huge. In the area I hunt this dude is very uncommon. We weigh almost every buck that we shoot that could be 2.5 years old and older. We've been doing it for 40+ years and never hung one over 172lbs. The fact that he was shot before the peak of the rut has helped as I'm sure he would be really hitting the does hard in the next 3 weeks and slimming down. Oh yea, when we first got him back to the barn and hoisted him up on the scale, he bottomed out the 200lb scale. I called a friend down the road (at 11:00pm) and asked to borrow his scale that went to 300lbs.

I'll get him aged this week at the DEC in Buffalo. 4.5-5.5??

The rack is nothing huge and looks quite small on the body. He might go 100"-110"? (Maybe) I'll do a beetle job on him.

217resized016.jpg

217resized020-2.jpg

217resized023.jpg

congrats. nice buck. that sucker will fill the freezer fast....

What a great buck. Those huge body bucks are really something to see. Congratulations.

Very nice-- :applause: :applause:

Big mature bodies trump antler size in my book--congratulations

paia said:
Very nice-- :applause: :applause:

Big mature bodies trump antler size in my book--congratulations

I totally agree but I think we are in the minority. I always wanted to shoot a buck over 200lbs and never thought it would happen in the areas I hunt of WNY.

The 140" buck I shot last year was cool but I REALLY dig this big hog of a buck!

Back